- Age 26 years
- Date of Birth 28th December 1993
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries Scotland, Ireland, Europe, United States of America, United Arab Emirates
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Seasonal
- Earliest start date 21st June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period n/a
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 9st / 57.2kg / 126lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Reining, Sales
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Long Rein, Maintenance Skills, Ride, Sales Preparation
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Over the years I have run my own yard of horses in Kent (UK) these have mainly consisted of backing and breaking and the retraining of racehorses. I also have had a small selection of horses requiring training for competition in a variety of disciplines. I have competed in showjumping on my own self produced horses, dressage and a small amount of eventing. It has always been important to me to be able to ride anything and do a little bit of everything. I am confident and competent around horses and am kind but firm hand when needed.
I have come from a family of horse women, have been and travelled to away shows and I would love to become more involved. I am educated, smart, willing to learn and really hard working.
I muck out and turn out to a high standard, I am quite neurotic when it comes to cleanliness. I have a healthcare degree- so am very sanitary, have training in CPR/Wound management etc. So I am a useful person to have around.
I have also being in the sales side of horses- I own my own photography camera for horses adverts for this very purpose and am good at writing adverts.
My ground work with horses is good- because I do a lot of backing/breaking I enjoy doing lots of long reining/lunging and general looking after, getting horses use to competition way of life. I am able to and have experience with unhandled horses, teaching them the very basics.
I am happy breaking and backing, i am a gentle, lightweight rider who is happy teaching a young horse the basics.
I have worked on several racing yards, riding out and mucking out. I am confident in working with fit and excitable horses.
As a person, I have a good sense of humour, I get along with everyone. I am willing to put in the hours and work exceptionally hard. I live to be outside with the horses and always ride in my spare time. I am confident in talking to people- i love being around clients. I work will on my own- completely independently but also get on well in teams.
- Riding young/inexperienced horses
- Handling young/inexperienced horses
- Well organised -keeping everything running smoothly and efficiently on a day to day basis
- Keeping horses well looked after- noticing every change
- Advertising and social media- taking good photos/writing good adverts.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I have always loved working with young horses. I believe I am able to start a horses education positively- ensure they enjoy their start in ridden life. I’m kind and gentle with the horses and you’d never worry about leaving me in charge. I am well organised and will ensure everything is done in a time efficient manor and to a high standard.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
Although I have been to many shows- I would like to get more experience grooming for other people (I usually just have myself without help) so it would be something id really enjoy. I would really like to get qualified to drive larger lorries/trailer as well at some point.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I think because I have completed a degree in Radiotherapy and Oncology and worked in a large hospital trust in London for a few years, has given me a wider understanding of working with people, clients and other members of staff. It has allowed me to be a good team worker, approachable and friendly. I also have great communication skills, gained over years of interacting with patients, I am discrete, polite and friendly. Also, because I have had that space away from horses, I have still chosen to return which means that it is a real passion for me and is not because I cannot do anything else- but because I really want to, and I really want to put my stamp on a place.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would love to find a place where I can be happy, enjoy working in an competitive environment where I can learn and be involved. I would like to improve my training skills and be the best person I can be. I would like to improve my riding both in the saddle and from a theoretical point of view. I would also love to be abroad so that I can learn a new language.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I do have a dog and a nicely bred showjumping horse which I would love to continue to train however, I am open to potentially not having them with me
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?