- Age 19 years
- Date of Birth 10th August 2001
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Surrey, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Freelance, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 30th September 2020
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term currently I have only weekday afternoon and evenings free
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 3 months
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Home Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Livery, Polo, Rehabilitation, Stud
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Exercise/Hack Out, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have had experience previously working in two riding schools and currently I am working at at a livery yard. I’ve had horses since I was young and am confident in both riding and handling a variety of horses. Currently I have my level 2 nvq in horse care and management, my stage 1 and 2 BHS qualifications and a total of 5 years work experience.
I have previously managed a small team of staff and am good at organising and communicating. I also take pride in my ability to handle a range of horses and spot injury or illness quickly. I have also spent most of my working life with horses who live out so have a wide knowledge of herd behaviour and field maintenence.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• I most enjoy being able to work 1 on 1 with horses, seeing them make improvements in confidence fitness or behaviour is particularly rewarding and I am not afraid of the hard work needed to put in in order to see results.
• I would like to be able to work with a larger variety of horses and expand my knowledge and experience of working in new spheres, such as with youngsters, competition horses or rehabilitation. There are some areas I’m less experienced in and I am ready and willing to fill these gaps.
• I am attentive, hard working and quick to learn. I am not afraid to put in extra hours as I understand horses are not always straight forward. As well as this I also am capable of working well on my own or functioning in many different roles within a team. I am also keen to carry on learning and aim to get as far with the BHS qualifications as possible.
• I would like the chance to further my career and continue to learn in a role that offers new oppurtunities
• accommodation is not a requirement, however depending on the position and location this can be flexible.
• Small animals welcome would be a huge bonus depending on if accommodation is needed. I also have a pony who can live either in or out who may need to come with me dependant on location.
• I am currently working full time so would need time to hand in my notice
• No holidays booked