- Age 27 years
- Date of Birth 4th June 1993
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region West Midlands, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 1st August 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Sole Charge, Manager
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t, 7.5t, Class 2 HGV, Class 1 HGV, Category C1, Category C
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’5” / 165cm
- Approximate weight 12st / 76.2kg / 168lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Hunting, Livery, Riding School
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Compete, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with horses
I have been around horses my entire life.
Including always owning my own horse until recently.
I have competed in showing classes with all different types of breeds from Shetland ponies to welsh stallions.
But my main focus and love from the age of 15 was mainly dressage. Since I had to sell my own horse two years ago I have continued to have medium to advanced dressage lessons at Summer house equestrian to keep my Knowledge up to a standard. Whilst also helping friends exercise and look after their horses on a regular basis.
I found a job in Australia working on a warmblood stud. I worked alongside 2 other younger girls. Together we brought on a few youngsters and handled many horses. Also managing the vast acreage of land that came with it. There were around 35 horses there.
My favourite time was working at the Andalusian yard. There were 10 stallions, 2 geldings, 1 mare and 2 Shetland ponies. My boss was the dressage instructor. He wanted somebody to take care of all the horses 6 days a week from feeding and turning out at early to getting them ready for lessons to also exercising them myself, cleaning tack and plaiting ready for all of the lessons. I handled this most of the day on my own. He was always pleased with the work that I did but more so the way I looked after his animals as if they were my own or better. Unfortunately, I had to leave because they were planning on moving to Devon which I could not do myself at the time. Since then I have worked in various challenging environments and I always push myself to be the best I can be in that role.
I am keen to demonstrate my organisational skills with my ability to multitask whilst maintaining day to day activities. I have always worked well with having responsibility and have used ownership and leadership as a strong motivation in my career. Within any role I have been in I have always took pride in my work.
• Well organised and good time keeping
• Team player, able to provide good support in many roles
• Effective multi-tasking, learning, and working.
• Good interaction, communication, and people skills
• Self-motivated work ethic
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I love being in the presence of horses. They always somehow make me feel at home where ever I am in the world.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
My plaiting is only okay. I’m used to plaiting the Andalusians with a running plait.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
Im a dedicated and hard working individual. Very loyal and will always strive to be the best I can be. I love to please people. But I love nothing more than looking after animals.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I believe that there is always something new to learn know matter how much of a professional you are. I would love to further my knowledge in the equine industry.
• Do you need accommodation?
Would prefer live out positions. Happy to ‘stay over’ for competitions etc.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I have one incredibly well behaved golden retriever bitch. Would prefer if she could be with me at work.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
I have got a few days booked to go away at Christmas