- Age 24 years
- Date of Birth 12th April 1996
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Essex, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 15th June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Sole Charge
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 8st / 50.8kg / 112lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Family Yard, Hunting, Livery, Polo, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Team Chase, Western, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Veterinary Experience
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
After leaving school I attended Writtle College to study my passion horses, which is where I completed my Level 3 diploma in horse management. Whilst studying during the summer I worked for a show jumping yard in Hampshire, where I mucked out 20 horses, livery and competition. I also rode regularly and attended stay away shows.
After completing my diploma at college I then went on to work at Stubbers Farm a hunt yard of 6 horses who are part of the Essex Farmers and Union Hunt. I completed all general yard duties as well as exercising the hunt horses everyday, 15.2h-17.2h. I regularly attended hunts and cubbing with the Essex Farmers and Union, sometimes just to prepare the horses and often to ride. This involved early starts and late finishes the evening before to plait and bath the horses, I also regularly clipped the horses. During the summer I completed many general maintenance jobs around the yard and also cared for two hound puppies.
Most recently In October 2019 I finished working for a livery/competition yard, where I was sole charge groom for 17 horses. I performed all general duties and rode and exercised the non-livery horses. I prepared the horses for competitions and attended shows. I also cared for 5 of the owners dogs regularly.
Working alone (sole charge), hardworking, flexible and punctual, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows or hunts, riding and lunging
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
The bond you gain with them and keeping them happy and healthy in your own care.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
Working to a set time schedule within reason.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am hardworking, young, keen and enthusiastic.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I have a dog that may sometimes attend work with me but this isn’t essential. I also have my own horse I’d consider moving but again it isn’t essential.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
2nd May 2021- 9th May 2021