- Age 26 years
- Date of Birth 27th August 1994
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Somerset, UK
- Job Category Part Time
- Earliest start date 11th June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period N/A
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Trainee, Other
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’3” / 160cm
- Approximate weight 8st / 50.8kg / 112lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, P2P, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Rescue, Show Jumping, Stud
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Exercise/Hack Out, Muck Out, Plait, Ride, School, Sole charge
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have been riding for 18 years and worked in a therapeutic riding and livery centre for the past 6 years an had the amazing opportunity to work with qualified equine behaviourists in a hands on manner and a wide variety of horses and ponies from cobs to green and young horses, feral rescues, aswell as ex-racers. I am a quiet, calm and sympathetic rider, who although out of practice in the saddle in recent years, has assisted by being the “guinea pig” in the backing and breaking process under instruction and supervision due to my light weight and laid back manner. I am extremely keen to improve my skills and try sectors in the equine industry that I have not had the opportunity to throw myself into. However, I have just become redundant due to the coronavirus and taken the plunge to go back to college in September to achieve my level 3 in equine management and will need a practical work placement with the reuired employers insurance to undertake one of the courses units.
Although I have previous experience of running a busy disabled riding yard and supervising sometimes unhorsey volunteers and students to ensure the smooth running of the lessons and continued welfare of our equine team, however found myself becoming extremely overwhelmed in such a busy enviroment and would like to experience working on a more private or competitive yard so I can focus on improving the quality of my work and gaining as much experience and knowledge as possible.
I am very competant with most aspects of daily horse care, and more than happy to groom, poo pick, feed, water, muck out, change rugs, turn out, bring in, bath/wash legs etc and with other skills such as administering necessary medications such as bute, danilon, prascend, antibiotics, wormers and domesedan/Sedalin, lunging/long reining, clipping, plaiting, pulling and trimming do require more practice. but I am very keen to learn as many new skills as possible.
I have a great attention to detail, and although this can slow me down at times, I would always rather want to do a job properly than rush it and not do it to an excellent standard, or leave it half done.
I have a good working knowledge of equine behaviour science, including clicker training and how different management practices can affect the horse mentally and physically.
I am also an extremely calm and empathetic handler and rider who isnt phased by most quirks.
• Ideally I would need somewhere close to home and college due to my personal situation. I have a full UK driving license so within 20 miles of the Taunton and Bridgewater area would be do able.
• I am looking for a different environent to a riding school with the necessary employers insurance. I have so far never had the opportunity to experience working in a more competitive environenment but would also be up for trying a racing, point to point, stud, or training yard environment
• Other than my home life, my own horse who is settled in her current home, and as of September college, I have no other commitents.