- Age 21 years
- Date of Birth 26th July 1999
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Berkshire, UK, Gloucestershire, UK, Oxfordshire, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Part Time
- Earliest start date 1st July 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period n/a
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Stud Groom, Other, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’5” / 165cm
- Approximate weight 9st / 57.2kg / 126lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Horse Transport, Hunting, Livery, P2P, Polo, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Rehabilitation, Sales, Show Jumping, Stud, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Sole charge
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I have been involved in the equestrian world since I was three years old, riding a variety of horses from a young age. I begun my career with horses when studying a Level three extended diploma in horse care and management, then following with a Bsc (Hons) degree in Racehorse Performance and Rehabilitation, which I have recently completed in May 2020. During this time I have worked for Katie Bailey, a dressage rider based in Gloucestershire and also Jason Maguire, an ex jockey who now runs a pre training and rehabilitation facility in Birdlip. I have completed a few work placements based at racehorse training yards such as Martin Bosley and the Hartpury Therapy Centre. I have experience handling and riding different levels of horses in multiple disciplines. I am also computer literate and know how to use different performance analysis equipment to monitor horses progression throughout training programmes. During my final year at Hartpury University, I carried out a study on the new working time agreement that was introduced in racing and the impact it had on the staff and if the new agreement was adhered to.
Over the last five years I have gained a lot of experience and knowledge and I am now beginning to start my working career to achieve more experience in the working industry. I am open to trying new things and enjoy learning new skills so I am looking for both yard-based jobs and non-yard-based jobs to utilise everything I have learnt during my studies.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I have great attention to detail and I can work alone and with others. I have experience with backing youngsters and riding an array of different horses but I am also happy to have a non-riding position. I also have good communication skills which is important in all workplaces to ensure there is a plan for the day.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Working with horses is such a rewarding job because you are able to see a horse improve and everyday is always different so there are new challenges daily.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to further expand my experience practically in the industry due to being in education for the past five years.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am a confident, positive character and I like to have a good impact in any working environment to help the business run smoothly.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to use my knowledge and continue learning in the industry.
• Do you need accommodation?
no but can live in if required
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?