- Age 22 years
- Date of Birth 20th October 1998
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Freelance, Full Time
- Earliest start date 1st July 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Stud Groom, Stud Hand
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 10st / 63.5kg / 140lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines College
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Ride
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have spent time around horses since the age of 5. Unfortunately for me, my family are not horsey people and thus until the age of around 12, it was primarily riding lessons and experience days at that yard. On moving locations, working and spending time with horses outside of riding schools became possible, this allowed me to start increasing my skills in horse care, which enabled me to buy my own horse in 2014, with her living out 24/7 and me being in sole care of her. While looking after my own horse I also gained about 36-40 hours of work experience at a local livery yard/riding school, this gave me experience with some difficult horses and working in a yard environment. After having my horse in my care for about 3 1/2 years, I put her on loan as I began attending university away from home, studying Veterinary Physiotherapy. Throughout my course, I have been continuously working with horses within hand walking and trotting up being performed regularly and having to be competent in lunging with and without training aids. During my degree, I have developed a high level of skill in enabling horses to feel safe and secure in my care, whilst I perform therapies, which may be uncomfortable for them in the short term. In my last year at university, I conducted a dissertation using the hydrotherapy spa, whilst also assisting fellow students using the hydrotherapy treadmill as part of their research dissertation. I will be completing my degree by October 2020 (as of changes occurring due to Covid-19).
My key skills: communication, working with others, working alone, plaiting, hydrotherapy work, rehabilitation work and exercise prescription.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy working outside in a proactive environment and I have an interest in horse welfare and rehabilitation.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
There are areas of horse care I am yet to gain experience in and I am keen to do so, whilst I am also looking to extend my rehabilitative skills and knowledge.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am a keen learner with some previous experience working in a yard environment, however, I do have the added experience of a degree in Veterinary Physiotherapy, this means I have knowledge surrounding conditions and injuries. These skills would be a great asset to a working yard/ rehabilitation centre.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
Experience with a wider range of horses, conditions, temperaments and disciplines.
• Do you need accommodation?
Can be discussed on a case by case basis.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
My degree which will mean having to attend university for 2 weeks in August to complete my final examinations.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?