- Age 20 years
- Date of Birth 19th October 2000
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time, Part Time
- Earliest start date 14th June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None - just finished college
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’5” / 165cm
- Approximate weight 8.5st / 54kg / 119lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Livery, Rehabilitation, Show Jumping, Stud
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have ridden since the age of 6 and always adored horses. At the age of 12, I started helping out a few mornings a week on a small family-run competition and livery yard; being home-educated, my schedule was flexible so I was able to work on the yard 4 days a week for a year when I was 15. At 16 I started an official apprenticeship there, working 5 days a week for a further year.
The yard usually housed between 5 and 7 horses and I became competent in carrying out all yard duties as well as riding every day (hacking, schooling, fast work, and some low level competing). My employer ran a small business from the yard, training and developing young or difficult horses, which allowed me to learn how to ride and handle a wide variety of horses, including fit competition horses and youngsters. My employer was often out for the day or away, and she would leave me to care for the yard whilst she was absent, meaning that I have experience of sole charge work and taking full responsibility.
In September 2018, I moved to Gloucestershire to begin studying a Diploma in Horse Management at Hartpury College which I have just completed (June 2020). During the summer of 2019 I worked as a freelance groom and rider in Cornwall, providing services such as everyday yard work, grooming and bathing, riding and lungeing, house and dog sitting, among others.
I am friendly and approachable with a good sense of humour. I am good at working as part of a team but I am also accustomed to working alone. I am thorough in everything I do and I will notice if something is not right, such as an injury or sudden change in behavior. I care greatly about the horses I work with and always want the best for them. I am a quick learner and I am willing to listen and develop new skills.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I love spending time around horses. I take pride and satisfaction in knowing that I am caring for them well and I enjoy the fact that when working with horses, no two days are the same.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to practice and become more proficient at clipping, pulling and plaiting
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I have a lot of experience for my age as well as a distinction* grade from Hartpury College, I also have a good attitude towards work, as well as being pro-active and a rational thinker.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to work in a friendly environment which allows me to expand my experience further.
• Do you need accommodation?
Ideally yes, although I will consider positions without accommodation, particularly if they are within 20 miles of Gloucester or within Cornwall.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?