- Age 21 years
- Date of Birth 28th May 1999
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 12th June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None, working voluntry
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Home Groom, Stud Groom, Stud Hand, Other
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive None
- Own car? None
- Height 5’7” / 170cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Horse Transport, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Reining, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Show Jumping, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Ride, School, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Caldicot Stables- 1 year
- Preparing food and feeding the horses.
- Cleaning and grooming the horses.
- Walking the horses and preparing them for their lessons.
- Cleaning and mucking out the stalls.
- Treating and providing first aid to the horses.
- Supporting horse lessons and supporting the teaching instructor.
- General yard cleaning.
As part of my animal welfare and pet care corses I was involved with the following:
- Cleaning out their inside and out door stalls
- health checked them
- sorted their feed and hay nets
- bathed them
- let them out and brought them in from the fields
- general groom and clipped their fur
- leading them
Riding at Galley Common Stables-
Every other week I would do an hour of riding in a small group for about 6 months
Learned basics of riding to canter.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
- I have a lot of confidence around horses letting me to get on with most tasks
- I’m very willing to do anything asked of me, even if its cleaning or non horse related jobs
- I love to learn new things and always happy to listen
- I’m easy to talk to and always does my best to be friends with everyone
- I’m good at working I’m a team and very capable of working a lone once I know what I’m doing
- I have experience with grooming and taking up horses ready for riding lessons
- I have experience with leading horses in a school
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I just love being around horses and gaining my knowledge about them.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I have already know quite a lot about horses, but I would love to further my knowledge and experience
I would love to get Involved in the higher up end of horse experience, as I’ve always been doing voluntary work, like maybe learning how to train a horse or lunge one
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
Because I am a very determined worker and have a huge passion for learning about these beautiful gentle giants. I would love to be given a chance to prove myself as a loyal and trustworthy worker who is willing and happy to work as long as needed, or longer if able.
I’m a fast learner and like to make sure I get the job done properly and on time
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
A higher level of experience with working with horses.
Being able to progress in my riding, and new abilities such as dressage & jumping
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
No, but if my parents were visiting, I would like them to bring our dog, Jake.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?