- Age 20 years
- Date of Birth 17th January 2000
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Devon, UK, Dorset, UK, Gloucestershire, UK, Somerset, UK, Wiltshire, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Part Time
- Earliest start date 1st August 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Sole Charge, Competition Groom, Riding Instructor
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Trailer
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’3” / 160cm
- Approximate weight 8st / 50.8kg / 112lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Family Yard, Riding School, Sales
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have always loved horses and have owned my own for the last decade. I have always had jobs with horses as yard staff but also have my BHS Stage 3 coaching qualifications. I have worked full time on a professional yard for the last year and previously coached at a riding school alongside competing my own horse up to Novice.
I am competent working in both a team or independent environment. I am hard working and dedicated to anything I set my mind to, easy to communicate with and friendly. I have extensive experience in turnout to a very high standard and am therefore confident in all aspects of turnout such as clipping, plaiting, pulling manes/tails etc.
I am used to handling and riding young horses as well as sharp fit event horses. I am competent with computers and the management aspects of equine business.
Strengths and Weaknesses
I love competing horses and therefore throughly enjoy all the aspects of the behind the scenes work necessary to bring it all together on the day. I would always aim to improve as a rider but also as a business women looking to make a career out of my passion for competing. I am confident, incredibly hard working and have a positive attitude towards my work.
I would like to gain more experience in other aspects if the industry as well as continue to develop my skills as a rider by working with more horses. I would like to work somewhere I can continue to develop and learn as well as be purposeful and supportive.
Accommodation is preferred but not essential if the salary allows to rent nearby.
I would like to bring my current horse with me and maybe a dog. My mare is very easy to do and has no vices so is very uncomplicated. I would certainly be interested in more stables for other horses if this suited the employer but not essential.