- Age 20 years
- Date of Birth 12th May 2000
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, The EU, Europe
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 15th June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period N/a
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’9” / 175cm
- Approximate weight 10.5st / 66.7kg / 147lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Livery, Polo, Show Jumping
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have had a previous job as a groom on a livery yard looking after a wide range of horses. It was a very busy yard and I was mostly working alone so it was a time pressured role. It involved excellent attention to detail and incorporating owners requests as they were made in order to ensure their satisfaction and the comfort of the horses. I am very used to being around horses, and can be trusted to ensure quality care at all times.
Having had my own horses for many years, as well as some on loan , I have ridden a wide variety of horses. I am a confident rider, both jumping and on the flat and have experience with lively and young horses.
I have excellent communication skills so am good at working in a team environment as well as dealing with clients/buyers if necessary. I am also very adaptable to different situations so can think on my feet to come up with solutions to various problems. Furthermore I am dependable with an eye for detail so will ensure tasks are completed to an excellent standard.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses? I like the sense of satisfaction one gets from seeing them happy and thriving in their various disciplines, and being part of this even if in a small way.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve? I would like to improve my general experience with working on competition yards, as previously have worked on livery yards. I would also love the opportunity to further my riding skills and knowledge.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker? I am a reliable and caring individual who is genuinely enthusiastic about horses, both looking after them and riding. I will apply myself fully to any task I set out to complete and am very much a team player as I enjoy working with others and am a very easy going person.
I am looking to gain valuable experience on a busy competition yard, where I can learn new skills and be part of a team. I require accommodation, but can drive, have no pets and am a non smoker.