- Age 24 years
- Date of Birth 11th March 1996
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Avon, UK, Berkshire, UK, Cotswolds, Gloucestershire, UK, Oxfordshire, UK, Somerset, UK, Warwickshire, UK, Wiltshire, UK, Worcestershire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Freelance, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 21st June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 4 weeks if not less
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Stud Groom, Housekeeper, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Trailer, 3.5t, 7.5t, Class 2 HGV, Category C
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 10.5st / 66.7kg / 147lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Horse Transport, Hunting, P2P, Polo, Pony Club Activities, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Rehabilitation, Stud, Team Chase
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Trim, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
My ideal role would combine my excellent organisation skills and the love for everything equestrian and country. I am primarily looking for a Private Household PA/Housekeeper/Groom/All Rounder vacancy however will be open to being solely a groom. I believe I would make a great assistant/groom to any family because I am reliable, trustworthy and hard working.
Please see my experience listed below.
- 5+ years experience as PA/Secretary/Event Management/Project Management
- Working Pupil at eventing yard during gap year
- Saturday groom for private family who hunt in winter and event in summer
- Ad hoc grooming on weekends whilst working full time – eventing, hunting and racing
- HGV and trailer licence
- Owned horses and dogs since child
- Competed to Novice/1* eventing; hunted; show jumping on own produced horses
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
- Very organised / Time-management / Prioritising conflicting tasks
- Very good working with and for others and alone
- Very personable, enthusiastic and friendly
- Competent and confident rider – experience with breakers; race horses and fit hunt and event horses
- Good attention to detail and take pride in my work e.g. high level of skill and experience in clipping, plaiting, trimming, tack cleaning and turn out for hunting and competition
- Understand the importance of horse management ie. fitness and feeding
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
There is no greater feeling seeing a horse you care for get on the lorry to go hunting looking beautifully turned out and cared for knowing that you had a part to play in it. Or seeing the owners/riders return with a big smile on their face. Every cold and wet winters days is worth it for those moments.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would love to be able to apply my office-based job skills to a career that involves horses, should that me managing a yard or assisting a family with their hobbies/livelihood.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am hard working, realistic and can take instruction. I have experience in a variety of roles having worked for different organisations and employers which shows I am adaptable and have vast experience in differing environments.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I’d love to be able to combine my passions with work. I enjoy all aspects of rural life so would prefer to work for a family/household who shares this same passion. In my spare time you’ll find me on the hunting field or in a game cover beating at the local shoot.
• Do you need accommodation?
Only if the role is over an hour from home (Malmesbury, Wiltshire)
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I have a very well behaved sausage dog that I’d like to bring with me to work. I also have my own horse that is stabled near home however if hours make this difficult having a stable onsite may help.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I am currently on furlough with a very uncertain future which is why I am on the look for a new role.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
May and July 2021 – nothing for this this.