- Age 21 years
- Date of Birth 1st July 1999
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Berkshire, UK, Hampshire, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 22nd June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None.
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Other
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Family Yard, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Therapeutic Riding, Trekking
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Broodmares, Exercise/Hack Out, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Ride, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I have just completed a BSc Equine Science degree at University Centre Sparsholt in which I was working at a 1st or high 2:1; awaiting final grade.
Watershipdown Stud Farm-Stud Hand
- After work experience a part time job was offered,
- Gaining valuable skills from working with foals, mares and yearlings,
- Routine tasks included providing food and water, animal health checks, cleaning stables and ensuring the yard was always tidy.
Amergreen Children’s Services-Volunteer Stable Assistant
- Amergreen provides help and support for children in care, owning horses and ponies, 8 in total, used for therapy with the children,
- Volunteering to care for the horses involved grooming, mucking out, feeding and riding/exercising them,
- Helping the ‘Saturday Club’ included teaching the children how to care for the horses and leading the horses for less experienced children during hacks.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
- Working independently or as part of a team,
- Great verbal and written communication skills,
- High attention to detail,
- Highly organised,
- Fast learner,
- Highly proficient with Microsoft office.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I find horses are an interesting animal who are relaxing to work with.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I enjoy learning and if there is something I don’t know I like to improve on my skills and knowledge.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I have just completed a BSc Equine Science degree in which I was working at a 1st or high 2:1. This degree improved valuable communication and organisational skills. I have worked as a senior resident, student ambassador and study coach during my degree which improved my communication skills with a variety of ages and personalities. I have also worked as an occasional bar lead which involved overseeing the bar and the staff. I have worked with various animals for instance, an equine stud farm. I am considered to be a great communicator, honest, trustworthy, a fast learner and highly organised. I am highly proficient with Microsoft office and have a full (clean) UK driving licence.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to continue learn and gain experience with horses and to utilise the knowledge I have gained from my degree.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?