- Age 28 years
- Date of Birth 20th July 1992
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Ireland
- County/State/Region Devon, UK, Somerset, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 19th June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period ASAP
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’9” / 175cm
- Approximate weight 12st / 76.2kg / 168lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Hunting, Rehabilitation, Show Jumping
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Veterinary Experience, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I have owned/ridden/worked with horses for nearly 20years and previously competed up to BE Novice level. I completed and Equestrian Sports Science Degree at Hartpury University 4 years ago and currently studying to become an Animal Physiotherapist. I’m a confident but quiet rider and have brought on a few ex-race horses as well as a few youngsters. I have worked on various yards from studs, eventing and family yards. I also do a lot of house sitting for families who own farms with sheep, cattle etc.
I have also many years experience in admin/sales/customer service roles in hospitality, recruitment and equine sectors.
I would be looking for either yard or admin work, full time and depending on location I would consider live in positions but would need to be able to bring my horse who I compete BE on.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I can work alone as well and be part of a team. I competent in clipping, plaiting, tuning out, handling and riding youngsters, dressage and jumping. I’m also looking at doing my arctic license to allow me to drive any vehicle.
I’m organised, good at time-keeping, very tidy and like to make sure everything looks smart all the time. I like making jobs as easy as possible for people so ensuring equipment/paperwork is easy to assess when needed.
Whilst studying the physiotherapy, I’m feeling more confident with seeing pain related issues with horses and abnormalities in their way of going.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Building up that bond and seeing the horses happy, healthy and achieving their goals.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I’d like to learn more about nutrition, however this is something I am going to study.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I’m incredibly hard-working and meticulous in any job I do. I’m always thinking on how I can make a process better and easier to work with. I’m always willing to learn and teach myself something new.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would love to be able to see the horses I work with flourish in their discipline and either it be in the office or on the yard, be able to say I was part of the journey.
• Do you need accommodation?
Depending on distance, This could be needed but I would need to be able to bring my own horse.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I would need to bring my 10yr old gelding with me.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I’m currently studying to become an Animal Physiotherapist, however this is something I will be doing out of work hours.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
I have a holiday late August/early September