- Age 24 years
- Date of Birth 26th October 1996
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Avon, UK, Cotswolds, Devon, UK, Gloucestershire, UK, Herefordshire, UK, Kent, UK, Monmouthshire, Oxfordshire, UK, Shropshire, UK, Somerset, UK, Surrey, UK, Wales, UK, Wiltshire, UK, Worcestershire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 19th July 2020
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term If close by I can do freelance asap
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month (livery yard for horse)
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’1” / 154cm
- Approximate weight 10st / 63.5kg / 140lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Hunting, Polo
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Ride, Sole charge
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
- I have been riding for 3.5 years, have worked with horses for this amount of time also. I have experience in livery yards, polo, eventing and a very small amount of experience with hunt grooming.
- I know how to do stables to a high standard.
- All yard duties.
- Exercising sets.
- Have clipped my own horse and hogged polo ponies.
- Plait manes, but need more practice with tails.
- First Aid.
I am looking for a yard based job but I have been doing a small amount of freelancing the past couple of months to keep me ticking over.
- I am great at working with others.
- I am also good at working alone once I know the yard.
- Taking set out (exercised 6 ponies at the same time)
- Pick things up quickly.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I love seeing horses excel and seeing them happy. I also love to please their owners by making sure my standard of work is high.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would love to do some BHS Stages and eventually do some coaching. I would also need to improve my schooling skills and broaden my knowledge of other disciplines.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I believe employers should consider me over other job seekers because I am very hardworking, I know when to be professional and also when to have a laugh. I can also adapt myself to different situations and not panic when things get tough. Although I have not been within the industry long I can pick skills, tips and tricks up very quickly. I am also extremely clean when it comes to accommodation as I have a history of housekeeping.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to do some competitions, obtain my BHS stages and be able to do some coaching once settled within the role and gaining the relevant experience.
• Do you need accommodation?
Yes preferably single accommodation but willing to have shared as long as they are clean.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I have my own horse which I would like to take with me but if not possible I would like to have him at a nearby livery yard and reasonable work times so I can tend to him also.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I have no commitments.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
No holidays booked.