- Age 22 years
- Date of Birth 14th December 1997
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Freelance, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 20th July 2020
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term September - april
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period One month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Stud Groom, Stud Hand
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? None
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 10st / 63.5kg / 140lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Eventing, Foaling, Hunting, P2P, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Team Chase
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Ride, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Trim, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I learnt to ride at the age of 3 and eventually got my first horse at the age of 12. From then on I have done a wide range of activities with horses including showing and showjumping, hunting, fun rides and breeding. I have broke in a number of my own horses and helped out with other people’s horses. I have worked on a dressage yard, two racing yards (including hacking out the racers) and I am now working on a showjumping yard with 14 stabled horses. I do all general yard duties, help out with breaking, covering, vet/farrier visits, foaling/youngstock and help on show days.
I am good at working alone and I am often left to manage the yard by myself but I can also work in a team. I can clip, plait and turnout due to showing my own horses for around 8 years but I am always open to improvement or tips on these skills as I understand each breed has different showing standards. I handle stallions daily at work and at home as I have two of my own and I help with covering mares through the summer. I have always had youngsters as I enjoy starting them from scratch and making them into your own. I help out with the backing and lunging part of this at my work.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy being around horses, they are a part of my life and I love the challenges and achievements they give.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to perfect more of my skills and add skills, having more opportunity to make a career as an equestrian is a serious interest of mine.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
Im dedicated, work hard and am a loyal, trustworthy person. I will take on any task and make sure it is carried out to my best standard.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like a role on a smaller yard that gives me more riding opportunities. The chance to be instructed and compete would be a fantastic bonus as I am always looking to improve.
• Do you need accommodation?
I would prefer accommodation as I am looking to move out, however if the yard is close to my current location then accommodation isn’t necessary.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I have one small dog and 3 guinea pigs, these would be a priority to come with me. I have my own horses but opportunity to bring just one would be a plus. If I am happy with the job I am willng to relocate.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
No I don’t have any serious ongoing commitments, I do have courses but they are done at home and any practical days can be booked at any approved centre. I compete with my own horses so I would like an opportunity to still do that if I can.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
I currently have a weekend booked in this country in august but due to the current covid situation I am uncertain if that will still be going ahead.