- Age 38 years
- Date of Birth 15th July 1982
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 1st August 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 4 - 8weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Home Groom, Other, Housekeeper
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, Trailer, 3.5t, 7.5t, Moped
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’5” / 165cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Family Yard, Western
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality Slovakian
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Veterinary Experience, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider, Travelling Horses by Sea or Air
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
- Experience with Horses
I have 20 years equine experience as a groom and yard manager, including stud work for a thoroughbred racing yard, where I was solely responsible for foaling, sales prep, backing & breaking. My experience also extends to working with performance horses, show prep and competition grooming.
Foal and young stock handling.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I find working with Horses exciting. To me each horse is an individual and nothing in the equine wold is stereotypical. If I think to my work with youngsters, I enjoy the process of training and being able to see the change from foal to a horse with understanding. I get great satisfaction seeing how my training has taught the Horse to understand my body language and improve their willingness to cooperate.
I love the transformation from a Horse that is scared and insecure to a relaxed friend with a soft eye.
With older Horses I like being able to see the personality they have grown into, their likes or dislikes, and adjust my work to match the individual.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
There are always things to improve and new things to learn. The Horses will tell you, if you listen.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
Over the past 5 years I have been a yard manager which has required the organisation of any and all vets, farriers, nutritionists and international specialists such as chiropractors, remedial and performance farriers and reproduction vets. Being sole charge has meant the monitoring of feeding plans, breeding programmes and vaccinations.
First aid is always a big part of the job especially with broodmares and foals and this has taught me to act quickly and efficiently with/without the necessary equipment to hand. I have delivered a dozen foals, experienced long term care with neonatal foals, aided in live covering, sole sales prep and helped to plan and maintain many training programs, which also led to produce flat racing winners.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I’d like to be a useful part of a team and contribute my hard work and experience
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
Stable and use of the facilities (arena, wash bay etc)
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
As I am employed full time I do have to give a notice period
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
September the 10th till the 19th