- Age 25 years
- Date of Birth 14th November 1995
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Ireland, Northern Ireland, United States of America
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Freelance, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 27th July 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period N/A
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, Moped
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’4” / 162cm
- Approximate weight 10.5st / 66.7kg / 147lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Hunting, Livery, Polo, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Western
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have been around horses since a young age and started attending weekly sessions at the age of 8 where I learn about horse care as well as riding. I volunteered with the junior section at my stables since the age of 10 – leading children on hacks and in lessons, as well as teaching them all I had learnt about horses – and gained a Silver Young Equestrians Leadership Award. I also volunteered at the stables during the week throughout my holidays – I couldn’t stay away!
I also became a part of my stables Musical Ride Display Team as a groom and rider and took part in shows at The Horse Trust, and in Bushy and Richmond Park (part of the Queens Golden Jubilee celebrations). We also travelled to shows with the Met Police mounted display team and was part of a display at Olympia Horse Show. Through this, I learn good plaiting and show turnout skills and worked with horses in intense environments which included lots of noise and brights lights and new smells.
My love of riding has taken me around the world to America, Spain and Botswana where I have experienced many different styles of riding and have ridden unfamiliar horses in ‘strange’ environments. I am willing to jump on and get stuck into any new situation and enjoy getting to know a new horse and learn their habits (or ‘quirks’!). I also have completed a work experience placement on a livery yard, as well as working with animals on dairy and sheep farms and at rescue centres.
I am a confident rider in a variety of disciplines including hacking/exercise riding, schooling, showjumping and cross country; I also played polo whilst at university. I have owned my own horse for 8 years and am therefore familiar with duties such as regularly scheduling farrier appointments, vet and dentist check-ups, knowledge of feed/supplements and mucking out/pasture management. I know the signs to look for during daily checks, including signs of injury, lameness, overgrown/loose/lost shoes and am confident in grooming, clipping, pulling, bandaging and rugging horses.
- Exercise riding/hacking out
- Flatwork and jumping
- Handling and leading horses
- Mucking out and yard duties
- Grooming, clipping and pulling mane/tail
- Experience helping at a riding school with 30+ horses
- Experience working with children around horses – leading and assisting with lessons
- Working with sheep, cattle and pigs
- Experience driving tractors and large farm equipment
- Close attention to detail
- Good organisation and communication
- Working alone and with others
- Full UK driving licence
- Emergency First Aid, CPR, AED and Oxygen provider certified (through SCUBA diving qualifications)
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I love the connection that you build up with horses and learning how each other works.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to learn more about training and bringing on younger horses, as well as the business side of owning and/or managing a yard.
• Why should employers consider you above any other jobseeker?
I listen well to instruction and pick up new skills quickly; there is no task too big or small that you could ask of me!
I am always looking to learn new skills and gain further qualifications; I am currently working towards gaining my BHS Stage 1 and towing license. I am happy just being around horses and doing yard duties and maintenance around the yard. I love riding but I also enjoy observing how other people train/teach/ride to pick up hints and tricks that others have learnt through their years of experience.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
As much experience as possible!
• Do you need accommodation?
Yes, I would be grateful for accommodation if I am moving to a new area. I would be willing to find my own accommodation after working in the area for a while in a permanent position.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?