- Age 22 years
- Date of Birth 29th May 1998
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Cotswolds, Devon, UK, Dorset, UK, Gloucestershire, UK, Somerset, UK, Wiltshire, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 13th July 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 4 weeks- however Furloughed at the moment
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Class 1 HGV
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’4” / 162cm
- Approximate weight 8.5st / 54kg / 119lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Rehabilitation, Sales
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I have had horses since the age of 10 and have always competed and been part of pony club and riding club activities. From the age of 14 I have worked in a range of different disciplines from showing, dressage and evening. I have also my self always competed in dressage, show jumping and eventing. Ever since I have had horses I have always had more challenging one as I think that they teach you the most and you learn to be more patient. My biggest pleasure has always been caring for the horses.
At 16 I went to Lackham college to complete level 3 equine management, this was a great place to go as we had a big variety of placements to go each week. From young stock to retirement and all of the different disciplines we got to see the wide variety of the industry. After Lackham I had a busy year training and competing my own horses, I went to the riding club championships and the British Dressage regionals. In 2017 I got a jobs as a groom working for Dan Greenwood, this was an amazing job as day to day I was looking after top dressage horses to the highest of standards and having the pleasure of watching the horse grow in their training and competing. Whilst also getting brilliant training on my own horse. In 2018 I went to work at Sarah Stewarts as head girl/ rider, she has a variety of lots of different horses from riding club horses to dressage stars. This was lovely to be able to train and look after such a range of different horse. At the same time I went to all of the high profile shows with Sarah and had to turn out to a high standards.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
Working with young horses or horses that need to be brought back to basics I love doing as I think you get to know the horse the best. I ahve always turned out to a high standards if it’s for a show or for hacking. I have my HGV license and comfortable driving horses around.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I think the best thing about working with horses is getting to be around them day in day out and caring for them, but after that training and competing.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would always like to improve on my knowledge, that being riding and on the ground.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I will always put the horses needs first and do the best I can do so they will be looked after to a high standards. I ave good time keeping and quick on the job.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to gain more knowledge and to be able to train and continue competing.
• Do you need accommodation?
Dependent on location.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I have a cocker spaniel and a 17.1h warmblood.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
Nothing other than the dog and the horse.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?