- Age 19 years
- Date of Birth 26th December 2000
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Europe
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 1st August 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 4 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Riding Instructor
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive None
- Own car? None
- Height 5’8” / 172cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Classical, Dressage, Pony Club Activities, Reining, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Show Jumping, Therapeutic Riding, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Rider/Trainer, School, Stallion Handling, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
My experience with with horses started from a very young age of 5 years old. I started riding lessons at Hope Farm Riding school (Spanish style riding school) I took riding lessons weekly from age 5 till present , I also took Spanish dressage high school lessons from the age of 15 on Andalusian Horses . At the age of 10 i became a groom/stable hand , this included mucking out, handling pony’s , a range of different horses and sized horses and handling Andalusian stallions that had been imported from Spain , tacking up and bringing out horses And also exercising/backing horses that had issues or needed bringing back into work , I also worked horses who needed daily exercise , planning and teaching riding school lessons , grooming horses , turning out and catching horses , loading horses onto boxes for transport , feeding and making specific feed for each horse/pony and also cleaning tack , and cleaning the yard to a good high standard.
In addition I also owned my own pony from the age of 10-16, a Welsh section D this gave me the experience to own my own horse and look after and maintain the pony , this again included grooming , mucking out, tacking up , riding the horse who had a few behavioural issues so therefor this is why I owned her also feeding and giving water , turning out and bringing in and the general up keep of having your own horse .
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
My key skills are handling and riding horses that’s have issues or behaviour Or baby horses issues as I feel I am a very calm person who can address the situation in a calm manner which resolved the issue , my strong point is also riding I have good balance and good posture and will take on any challenge given to me. Another key skill I have is I am a very outgoing person with a huge heart so therefore I can work as part of a team or alone this also benefits Working with horses because I feel the horses surrounding and cleanliness is a massive factor of working with horses so therefore I always ensure that a very high standard of work from myself is put in day in and day out to ensure the horses safety and cleanliness.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I mostly enjoy the factor of how rewarding working with horses is the love you receive back from and horse and the horses characteristics , I also enjoy working with horses because it is very satisfying to know a horse is being treated very well and is being looked after.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to improve my knowledge of the wider circle of horses and the different types of ways to ride.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I should be considered above others because I put my 100% effort into looking after and riding horses and I am a very reliable and mature person with a outgoing personality who loves to work hard.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to gain as much knowledge as possible so I can use my knowledge later in life and pass on all I have been taught.
• Do you need accommodation?
Yes I would require accommodation
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
November 6th – 11th November