- Age 21 years
- Date of Birth 3rd July 1999
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Bedfordshire, UK, Buckinghamshire, UK, Hertfordshire, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 1st September 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period unknown
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Head Person
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Trailer, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’5” / 165cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Hunting, Show Jumping
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
My passion for everything equine has developed from a very early age, I have owned and cared for horses almost my whole life and have worked extremely hard to get where I am. While studying Equine business management and development at university I was captain of the Myerscough BUCs equestrian team, we competed regionally and I have learnt valuable skills through working as a team and supporting one another. I am a competent rider and have experience with a variety of horses including youngsters, schooling on the flat and jumping. I took part in pony club as a child and moved onto competing in a variety of disciplines including working hunter showing, showjumping, dressage and a small amount of hunting. In my spare time I enjoy competing my warmblood at British Newcomer level, when I have more time I wish to move him up the levels. I have been accredited to be ‘An effective, brave yet forgiving rider’ by Ernest Dillon, fellow of the British Horse Society. Currently, of a weekend I exercise hunters at Tyrell Cote farm for Laura Bonner, Laura has stated she would ‘highly recommend’ me to any potential full time employers. I have experience working in the equestrian industry as a groom/rider.
During my equine business management degree, I gained valuable yard management skills through a practical module. This included being left solely in charge of managing a yard of 20+ horses. This allowed me to gain excellent communication skills, the ability to assert myself and develop an effective management style among the young college students working on the yard.
Through being a member of pony club growing up, then moving onto studying equine management at Myerscough and working in the equine industry, I have earned valuable equine management skills. Horses must be turned out to a high standard and have the best care. I stood out to be efficient with an eye for perfection and won a yard management award at university. I am able to maintain high professional standards and my knowledge of equine care is extensive. I have experience clipping, trimming and turning out to a high standard. I am able to identify health problems in horses through their day to day care and have a careful eye.
Due to the nature of my degree, we are regularly challenged with presenting our work infront of others, this has allowed me to develop excellent presenting skills and speaking confidently in-front of an audience. Through previous job roles I have developed exceptional
communication and interpersonal skills, from communicating with co-workers and managers to many aspects of organisation.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I give 100% effort and fully immerse myself into a job role. I am friendly and cheerful character and people often warm to me quickly. I am most importantly efficient and pick things up very fast.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I am looking for a long term role with an equestrian employer who will nurture my talents.
• Do you need accommodation?
No, I am currently renting a cottage with my partner a local farrier in Woburn.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?