- Age 18 years
- Date of Birth 21st August 2002
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region East Sussex, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Freelance, Part Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 26th June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period No.
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’9” / 175cm
- Approximate weight 10st / 63.5kg / 140lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Hunting, Livery, Rehabilitation, Show Jumping
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have been riding for around 11 years now, competing at BE level. For the last 3 years I have been retraining ex-racehorses and successfully selling them on. I am currently on a gap year looking for further experience working in the equine industry. I am looking for a job which involves general yard duties with the potential to ride.
I am good at working independently, as well as working in a team. I have experience clipping and turning out for shows, doing this to a high standard. I have lots of experience handling and riding thoroughbreds on and off the track, as well as experience with young horses and horses with different traits and quirks. I am a confident and sympathetic rider, and I always aim to get the best out of the horses. I am reliable and efficient, with an eye for detail.
Strengths and Weaknesses
Horses have been part of my life for many years now, and I couldn’t imagine my life without them. I love seeing progress when I ride and working with them. Building relationships with the horses and gaining their trust is something I find special and I really enjoy.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
Although I work well independently and within a group situation, I would like to improve my leadership further as this is an area that I haven’t had experience in within a work situation.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am driven and enthusiastic and complete jobs to a high standard. I am a fast worker with excellent time management and am highly organised, with an eye for detail. I am a competent and considerate rider, always having the horses best interest at heart. Horses are a strong passion of mine and I would love to work with them as a career, so I am eager to take away as much as possible and work hard.
I would like to gain further experience in the equine industry, taking away key skills I can apply to future work.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?