- Age 19 years
- Date of Birth 27th November 2000
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Gloucestershire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Part Time, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 29th June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period N/A
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Home Groom, Stud Groom, Stud Hand, Other, Housekeeper
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’3” / 160cm
- Approximate weight 8.5st / 54kg / 119lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Family Yard, Livery, Rescue, Riding School, Trekking
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have been riding horses for 11 years now and have developed a wide variety of experience throughout. My experience includes breaking in, taking out treks, low level teaching and yard and field maintenance. I worked at a trekking centre for just under 3 years working in a team, leading a team and solo. My roles at this job was to keep the horses fit and healthy all year round and ensure their behaviour is suitable for all levels of experience riders. I was also responsible for keeping fields, yard and equipment clean and tidy at all times to ensure a presentable environment.
I am a confident rider, I can comfortably jump a 120cm course and have basic knowledge on flat work in the school. I have ridden horses from ex race horses, school masters, stallions and youngsters.
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
my key skill around horses is my confidence, I can keep a calm seat in the saddle and a firm hand on the ground. Because of this I am particularly good at breaking in and handling youngsters. I take pride in remaining firm but keeping work fun for the horses.
I am very good at working as an individual, within a group or leading a group.
i am also very good at yard maintenance cleaning stalls, tack, fields and yard area, I am used to a heavy work load as my last yard consisted of 22 horses.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?