- Age 22 years
- Date of Birth 9th January 1998
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Surrey, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Part Time
- Earliest start date 1st July 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period N/A
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 8.5st / 54kg / 119lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Sales, Show Jumping, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have 12 years of experience working with horses both independently, professionally and competitively. I initially volunteered in several stables including a rescue centre where I worked with orphaned foals, horses that had been previously abused and horses sent in to be backed and brought on. After 5 years of this I began recruiting my own clients independently which involved re-backing or re-schooling horses for sales livery, teaching children to ride on my own horses alongside my studies, and competing horses for clients. I have recently worked as a professional groom for a Grand Prix dressage rider; this involved caring for and managing the routines of 10 top-level horses.
Between 2014-2017 I worked alongside an accredited saddle fitter and equine physiotherapist, thus I have knowledge in rehabilitative mechanisms and how to identify and correct a poorly fitting saddle. I have a BSc in Sport and Exercise Science and through my own research I have a good knowledge in equine anatomy and movement dynamics.
Additionally, I have owned and competed my own TB x WB up to foxhunter level in show jumping, and to elementary level dressage.
My calming and patient persona allows me to be effective in handling young or nervous horses; working in rescue centres has given me a great deal of experience with building trust with nervous and green horses. I am confident and capable in handling more difficult horses, in my previous role I would turn out, handle and train stallions daily. Alongside my education I took on 2 horses and one pony of my own which I re-schooled, taught to jump and sold on to loving homes.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• I love to see results in the horses that I work with, whether this means seeing them comfortable and happy in their stable after mucking out and feeding or whether this is in competition. I love working with horses because of their loyalty, kindness and willingness to learn which Ii love to be a part of.
• Upon graduating university, I would now like the opportunity to work full time in a field that I am most passionate and dedicated to.
• I look forward to being able to help riders and owners in delivering the best care for their animals, as I know there is nothing more you would wish for as a horse owner. I can build a trusting relationship with both the horse and the owner and become part of their team by playing a crucial role within the horses success.
• I would like to gain experience working full time rather than part time alongside studying, I am hoping for a role whereby I am able to assist in the general exercising of the horse although this is not essential.
• I am open to on-site accommodation although this is not essential.
• I currently do not own my own horse that would need to be brought with me to the yard.
• I will be completing my MSc part time in Medicine and Rehabilitation in the evenings and on my days off.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of? No