- Age 30 years
- Date of Birth 14th October 1990
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Berkshire, UK, Greater London, UK, Hampshire, UK, Surrey, UK, West Sussex, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 9th August 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Stud Groom, Stud Hand, Other
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, Trailer
- Own car? Car
- Height 6’0” / 182cm
- Approximate weight 15st / 95.3kg / 210lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Classical, Dealer, Dressage, Endurance, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Hunting, Livery, P2P, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Rescue, Rehabilitation, Retail, Riding School, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Team Chase, Therapeutic Riding, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality German
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Veterinary Experience, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I completed my equine apprenticeship “Pferdewirt für Service und Haltung” in July 2016, which I received with honours and have worked in a number of different locations gaining a vast range of experience since then.
After completing my equine apprenticeship, I had the opportunity to work as a groom for Pia Gabriel-Vaugoin, a Grand Prix dressage rider in Austria, alongside the former head rider of the Royal Spanish Riding School in Vienna Arthur Kottas-Heldenberg. Since then I have worked as an assistant farrier (picking up a number of useful farriery skills) and also with riding trail companies in Iceland and Portugal.
I am currently working at one of the largest equine rescue and welfare centres in the UK and prior to this I was solely in charge of the feeding, medication and minor veterinary care of over 20 horses, plus training them to a level that they can go safely through a year of trail riding with different riders from all over the globe.
Having built up a strong portfolio of experience from working with different horses and people around the world, I’m now looking to move further south in the UK to be based closer to my girlfriend.
I see myself as a very flexible person who can adapt very quickly to different situations. In my current role, I have developed my experience of working in a larger team, but I can also work well independently or as part of a smaller team. I am confident to make decisions that are the best for the horse’s wellbeing.
Handling, groundwork, lunging, clipping, turnout, working alone/with others, riding, first aid, hoof care
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Seeing the improvement in horses, both in terms of behaviour and in their physical improvements
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I always look to further my understanding of horses
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I offer a wide variety of different skills and can adapt really quick to certain situations due my prior experiences with different horses in different countries
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I’d like a position where put all of my skills and experience to use, and develop these even further
• Do you need accommodation?
Would be nice, but it’s not mandatory – I am happy to find somewhere nearby
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
In October from the 12th to the 18th (my birthday)