- Age 22 years
- Date of Birth 29th October 1997
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Buckinghamshire, UK, Hertfordshire, UK, London
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 27th July 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 3 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Trailer
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’3” / 160cm
- Approximate weight 8.5st / 54kg / 119lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Family Yard, Livery, Polo, Pony Club Activities, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Rescue, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Show Jumping, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Compete, Exercise/Hack Out, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Ride, Supervisory Skills, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have been ridding since the age of 2. I had my own pony from the age of nine, with who I completed two pony camps. I have my galops 1-3 which is equivalent to a BHS stage 1 as I grew up in the South West of France.
I’ve had the opportunity to volunteer with my local tables helping with daily tasks, mucking out, bringing horse in/out, tack cleaning, tacking up ponies and horses for lessons/hacks and leaving on hacks. I also spent a month volunteering on a stud farm where I was able to get hands on experience working with racehorses and yearlings.
Once I graduated from the University of Plymouth, where I studied Animal Behaviour and Welfare (2.1 achieved) I went on to become a Lettings and Sales Administrator. I have proved myself to be a strong team worker, providing friendly and helpful customer service and communicating efficiently and informatively with necessary stakeholders
I am happy to wok alone but also as part of a team, during my time at University I have proven to not shy away from taking the lead on group projects if needed.
With my experience thus far I believe I am a competent rider, with a natural confidence around horses of different ages and backgrounds. In particular with riding school ponies and horses. I also enjoy interacting with the public and being able to share my knowledge of horses with them.
I also am highly organised with a strong work ethic and excellent interpersonal skills.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I have loved horse from a very young age. I think they’re beautiful animals and I love forming a connection with them.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would love to improve my riding skills and generally broaden my equine knowledge, in addition to perfecting the skills I already have.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am truly determined to do well in any position I am given. I have an excellent work ethic with a sociable, friendly and helpful personality. I am always go the extra mile to ensure I succeed and to prove I am a hard working, valuable staff member.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would love the opportunity to gain some qualifications and broaden my knowledge and skills with horses.
• Do you need accommodation? No accommodation needed.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you? No.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments? No.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of? No.