- Age 29 years
- Date of Birth 3rd December 1990
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Warwickshire, UK, West Midlands, UK, Worcestershire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 22nd August 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 4 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’4” / 162cm
- Approximate weight 8.5st / 54kg / 119lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Family Yard, Hunting, Livery, Polo, Pony Club Activities, Riding School, Showing, Show Jumping, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Exercise/Hack Out, Muck Out, Ride, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have ridden since the age of 4 having weekly lessons, at the age of 10 I moved to a new yard where i rode until i was 23. During those years while I was young, I used to help on the yard after school a few days a week in return for free lessons and would also help out the pony club on weekends. I had my own Irish Sports horse for a few years until unfortunately he got ringbone. As i got older, I would support bringing on the horses bought for the riding school or the horses bred on the yard, I also hunted and went to local shows with horses from the yard. At 18 I went to university where i was Vice President of the Equestrian club and captain of the B team for two years. I completed in Dressage, Jumping and played Polo. Since university I have been having regular lessons in London and Warwick to keep getting practice in, and I am currently riding an Irish Sports horse in Devon. I am currently looking for a horse of my own.
I am a calm and organised person who enjoys planning ahead, i think this is very beneficial when working on a busy yard. I find it really easy to work alone or in company. I really enjoy jumping and hacking but love to learn new skills whenever i can.
Strengths and Weaknesses
My strengths are the same as my skills, that i can easily work alone and in company, i’m an extremely organised and passionate worker. I’ve always enjoyed everything to do with horses from riding to mucking out. I’m always willing to learn something new and love having feedback of where i can improve to be the best rider.
My weakness falls in not having as much exposure to shows in the last few years due to living in london but this is something i have done previously so would pick back up quickly.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I just enjoy spending time with horses and would love to find a yard where i could keep horse while learning from some competitive riders.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?