- Age 26 years
- Date of Birth 6th July 1994
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Gloucestershire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Freelance, Full Time, Part Time
- Earliest start date 13th July 2020
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term part time with potential for full time
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 15 days
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Stud Groom, Stud Hand
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’5” / 165cm
- Approximate weight 11st / 69.9kg / 154lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Hunting, Livery
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality Guatemalan
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Equine First Aid, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I am a 26-year-old horse groom originally from Guatemala. For the last year I have been studying in the UK at Hartpury College on the Access to HE course with the goal to then go on to a degree at Hartpury University. I have a passion for horses and business management. I want to do my degree in Equine Business Management.
I have worked in horses for the last 8 years
- International dressage rider Rachel Williamson
- Bruce buck Davidson jr. professional five-star event rider and coach
- International show jumper Harley Brown
- International show jumper Buddy Brown
- International coach/hunter jumper/ show jumper John Charlebois
- Hillview Equestrian and Rueben Arce (show jumping)
- Jen pierce and Avalon Stables (hunter jumper stable)
- California Riding School (riding school and hunter jumper)
- Northern Run (Hunter jumper and Show jumping)
- Isola Stables (Dressage, Hunter jumper, show jumping, western)
- Trained under and learned from numerous international head grooms
- Worked for own independent clients of all disciplines at Stanford Red Barn
- Managed a barn for clients (Feeding, turnout, orders)
- Worked side by side with vets for care of injured horses. (Helped rehab after surgery and injury)
- Worked with stallions and young stock both in dressage and show jumping in the states.
- Worked at home and at shows for numerous riders both full time and free lance.
- Set up a quarantine for horses to be exported from the US to Europe
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
- Manage a team and delegate tasks
- Efficient and timely in executing tasks
- Clipping (all sorts)
- Tacking up and untacking
- Stable Cleaning
- IM shots
- Foot packing
- Turning out
- Pulling manes
- First aid care for cuts, fungus and scratches.
- First aid bandaging
- Barn management (feed orders, shavings, organizing feeding times and turnout)
- Blanket management
- Trailer (lorry) loading and unloading
- Tack room and Trailer (lorry) organization
- Trailer (lorry) washing
- Tack cleaning
- Horse laundry
- Feed room organization and feeding schedule
- Arena Dragging and sealing
- Fence setting for show jumpers
- Dressage arena set up
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
to be honest everything they relax me.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
braiding , riding
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
i have just finished my acces corse in hartpury college and im enrolling for university to do equine management so anything that requiers management in yards will be amazing
• Do you need accommodation?
if the employer would like me to live in yes other whise i can drive there or be dropped off whatever is easier for the employer.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
i just have two dogs if they can come with me awesome if not its ok too.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
i am getting marry this year so will just need time for one week that but besides that no
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
i always spend christmas or new year with family one of those two days would be awesome