- Age 19 years
- Date of Birth 2nd November 2000
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, The EU, Europe
- County/State/Region France, Germany, Spain, Switzerland, Warwickshire, UK, West Midlands, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Permanent, Seasonal
- Earliest start date 25th August 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 2 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Trainee, Rider, Part of a Team
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’7” / 170cm
- Approximate weight 9st / 57.2kg / 126lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Sales, Show Jumping, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Compete, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with horses
As a young rider, I am currently on my gap year before I go to university in September 2021. I am 19 years old and have been riding since I was 12. I worked at a riding school which was full of a range of different levels of horses. I have ridden hot and fizzy horses and I’m able to keep a cool head and have established a quiet seat so as to deal with various rides correctly. I have also ridden unresponsive horses, encouraging them to maintain a rhythm and retrained them to listen to aids. I am looking to further enhance my riding abilities and gain valuable jumping experience. I would preferably work with showjumping horses and help and learn how to produce younger horses.
My key skills would include being able to work both independently and in a team; I find both methods enjoyable. I can groom, tack up and handle young horses as I have soft yet firm hands, and my ability to remain level headed even in alarming situations is something I believe as one of my best traits. I am able to maintain a quiet yet strong presence and I feel this is essential when working around and handling horses. I have courage and uphold the ability to think quickly on my feet. I have a kind and friendly aura and would get on very well with all people.
I can speak both English very fluently and Persian fluently as well.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• Working with horses is something I love to do as I admire these animals so much, so I would say a weakness I have is that sometimes I can get attached to the horses I ride which I understand is futile when working in a sales stable.
• I am a confident rider, but as I live in quite a urban area, finding opportunity to ride is difficult. As a result, I would want more experience riding and being around horses 24/7 to really refine my skills.
• A reason why you should employ me is my extreme work ethic. I am a very determined person and will give 100% to any horse or any task I’m given. I do not falter with stable duties such as mucking out and cleaning and I am disciplined to high standard.
• In my next job, I am looking for an opportunity to gain experience and mainly strengthen my showjumping skills, and then improve my flat work riding in the process.
•I would need accommodation as I am very open to travelling abroad to a stables to work, as well as working in England.
• I don’t have any requirements in regards to bringing any pets, I would come alone and I don’t have any ongoing commitments. I am only looking to ride for 6 months starting from late August/September and ending late February.
• I don’t have any holidays booked.