- Age 45 years
- Date of Birth 20th November 1974
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries Ireland, Northern Ireland
- County/State/Region Ireland, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland, UK, Republic of Ireland, Southern Ireland
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 20th July 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 week at least
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Part of a Team, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Stud Hand
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, Trailer, 3.5t, 7.5t, Moped
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’11” / 180cm
- Approximate weight 13st / 82.6kg / 182lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Horse Transport, Livery, Polo, Racing Flat, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Retail, Show Jumping, Stud, Training Yard/Positions, Western
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British, Irish
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sales Preparation, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Trim
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I began riding when I was about 7 and have done so on and off ever since, worked professionally with horses from ages 17-30 (with short breaks for other things) and from then on riding friends horses to keep my hand in. Started riding again a about 8 years ago and own a TB gelding, currently (for the last 4 years or so) sole charge of a medium sized (15 boxes) livery yard in Co. Down and some holiday cover for people’s private yards.
I completed my full B.H.S. Stage 1 in spring 2015 and my full Stage 2 in summer 2015, passing both with distinctions.
In my career I have worked in riding schools, private yards, livery yards and stud farms. I have worked with hunters, children’s ponies, mares and foals (TB and Arabian horses), with TB yearlings (breaking for racing and sales prep) event horses and show jumpers (grooming at shows and schooling) Arabian horses in the US (mares and foals as well as riding young and more experienced horses in Western Style riding).
Can work alone or in a team but more used to working by myself and getting on with what I need to do. Full driving licence with trailer entitlement. Can drive small tractors, quads, use things like strimmers, mowers etc.
• Do you need accommodation? No.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you? Would like to bring friendly dog to work and possibly horse in future.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments? Only my dog and horses, so looking for home based yard position, ie not looking to be a competition groom.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of? No.