- Age 23 years
- Date of Birth 23rd December 1997
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 13th July 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period No
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Home Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’3” / 160cm
- Approximate weight Under 8st / 50.8kg / 112lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Family Yard, Rescue
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I have previously worked with riding school horses, young horses, stallion, brood mares and foals. During this I have worked with starting the backing process of young horses and assisting in the training of young horses being trained for show jumping.
I am good at working in a team but can also work well alone. My previous experience with horses have given me good lunging and long reining skills as well as an ability to handle stallions and young horses.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy being able to provide quality care and watching them progress through training.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would lie to improve my plaiting, clipping and riding ability as I have not previously been able to consistently work on these skills to improve them due to my studies and other commitments.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
My recent degree in Equine Behavioural Science has given me the skills to observe subtle body language and the knowledge to understand what may be causing a behaviour to occur. I also learnt different training techniques and how horses learn.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to gain more practical experience in areas that I am currently lacking in such as plaiting, bandaging and clipping.
• Do you need accommodation?
Yes depending on the distance.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?