- Age 21 years
- Date of Birth 11th July 1999
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Working Couple
- Earliest start date 30th September 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None. We are currently doing seasonal farm work which will finish at the end of September.
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Part of a Team
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’4” / 162cm
- Approximate weight 12st / 76.2kg / 168lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Carriage Driving, Dealer, Dressage, Endurance, Eventing, Family Yard, Hunting, Livery, P2P, Polo, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Reining, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Retail, Riding School, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Team Chase, Therapeutic Riding, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking, Western, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Ride, School, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
2016 / 2017 Hartpury College
Level Three Diploma in Horse Management (Equitation)
BHS Ride and Road Safety:
Distinction in all areas
Level Three Subsidiary Diploma in Horse Management (Equitation)
2015 Summer House Equestrian
BHS STAGE ONE Qualification
Distinction* in all areas (Stable Management, Riding and Theory
I have a level three diploma in horse management at distinction level which I obtained from Hartpury college. I also have my BHS stage one and BHS ride and road safety.
I volunteered at a rescue centre that also ran as a riding school. In this role I was dealing with nervous and Ill treated horses as well as the general public.
I volunteered at my local riding for the disabled group who also ran as a small dealing yard. During this role I did a lot of general yard work, schooling and hacking horses. Working with different clients and understanding their needs however great or small.
I have also worked in a few pubs and restaurants doing many different roles, from pot washing to bar work.
I have worked in a pet shop, looking after all the animals to a high standard and then assisting customers with understanding how to care for the animals they where buying.
I have also worked on a farm so I am happy and confident around livestock. I was there initially just for the lambing season but unfortunately Covid-19 started and due to the family being vulnerable I had to leave.
Carriage driving, ground work, yard work, fencing, tractor driving, livestock care, young and green horse experience, working couple.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• I love working with horses and any livestock. I am a country person who loves living and working outdoors.
• I would like to obtain some teaching qualifications. I also need to work on plaiting, bandaging and clipping.
• Why should employers consider you above any other jobseekers? I am hard working and flexible, I don’t mind early mornings or late nights. I am happy to work on my own and I am also happy to work with others. I feel that I have common sense and can see if a job needs doing without being told to do it, I have owned and worked with enough animals to spot if something may be wrong, If my employer is happy for me to try and sort out the problem I am happy to but I am aware of my own limitations so know when a vet may need to be called for example. I am happy to get my hands dirty and crack on to get a job done.
• My self and my partner are looking for work together. We are happy to do anything, although a farm or small holding setting would be perfect. We are both looking for this to be a long term job although we understand that employers circumstances can change.
• Accommodation is needed. We are happy in a static.
• Ideally I would like to bring my 14.2 cob mare with me, but if this is not possible I would be more than happy to put her in a local retirement livery.
• We have no commitments such as children.
• We have no holidays booked.