- Age 21 years
- Date of Birth 25th March 1999
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region London, Surrey, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 26th July 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 2 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive None
- Own car? None
- Height 5’2” / 157cm
- Approximate weight 15st / 95.3kg / 210lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Family Yard, Livery, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Rescue, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Muck Out, Plait, Ride
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have experience in the horse industry since I was 6 years of age, I go to help my Auntie with her horses every weekend and occasionally ride to help exercise the horses I have even been to competitions to help look after the horses. I have volunteered at the Diamond Riding Centre to gain more knowledge about horses and even helped lead the disabled riders around the schools. I would prefer a yard based job because I prefer to be hands on. I have knowledge in grooming, riding, tacking up and un tacking and some knowledge in feeding. I feel like I have the ability to be a good member of the team and will put my weight in everything I do and if needs be come up with new ideas on how to do things around the yard.
I work well in a team and alone and can come up with new ideas when needed, I always find ways to problem solve if I have hit a brick wall and am willing to learn new things. I am confident in handling the horses and have some confidence in plaiting but sometimes need help which im not afraid to ask for.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy the freedom you see in the horses and the bonds you make with them, I find it peaceful and relaxing to be around them and could spend all my free time with them. I find horses very interesting with their behaviour traits and enjoy watching them learn new skills and teaching them new skills.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to improve my knowledge of how to do certain things e.g. plaiting, competition experience with handling.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I think employers should consider me because I have the determination and passion about learning new things and being around horses. I am happiest when around these intelligent animals. I also have the knowledge to help and succeed in tasks given to me. I am a well rounded person and will bring new ideas to the table when needed, I work well in any environment and am willing to do any task given to me.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
More experience working with horses, the opportunity to work outdoors and if possible I would like to gain qualifications in the industry.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
23rd -31st August