- Age 28 years
- Date of Birth 17th January 1992
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Scotland
- County/State/Region Cheshire, UK, Cumbria, Durham, UK, East Yorkshire, UK, Gloucestershire, UK, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom, Lanarkshire, Lancashire, UK, Merseyside, UK, North Yorkshire, UK, Northumberland, UK, Nottinghamshire, UK, Oxfordshire, UK, Scotland, UK, South Yorkshire, UK, Staffordshire, UK, Tyne and Wear, UK, West Yorkshire, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 1st September 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 11.5st / 73kg / 161lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Veterinary Experience
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have worked with horses for a number of years on different types of yards, which have all been amazing. At the moment I am a yard manager at an Equine College, where I look after the yard, supervise and teach students on the yard and organised and run Dressage Unaff and British Dressage.
- Good problem solver and flexible thinker
- Conscientious, reliable and confident with responsibility
- Can work on own initiative and in a team
- Enjoys a challenge and strives for self-improvement
- clipping/trimming/turning out/plaiting all to a high standard
- Experience handling stallions/young and fit competition horses
- Capable rider
- Experience driving a 3.5t lorry
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Everything! Even the wet/cold mornings! Horses have been a massive part of my life since a very young age, they are the most beautiful animals. I love watching them progress and learn new things, it’s so rewarding.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I think there is always room for everyone to improve something, especially in the Equine industry! I love learning and improving.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am a highly motivated and organised person with seven years experience in a management position. I am a self-starter and always keen to learn new skills. I am keen to progress, expanding my knowledge and experience and have proven myself as a valuable asset.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would love to gain more knowledge and experience in the Equine industry as I think you can never know enough! I would also like to gain experience/training on my own horse and have the opportunity to progress up the levels in British Dressage.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
Would love to bring my very well behaved 1 year old golden Labrador, good with people, horses and other dogs. Also bring my beautiful 16.2hh 8 year old Gelding KWPN, no vices and very easy to have around.