- Age 25 years
- Date of Birth 20th August 1995
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Freelance, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Working Couple
- Earliest start date 3rd August 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period Would just need time to move to new location
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Sole Charge, Manager, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Other, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Trailer, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’2” / 157cm
- Approximate weight 9st / 57.2kg / 126lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dealer, Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Hunting, Show Jumping, Team Chase, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
When I was a child I was the pony mad-kid that spent every evening after school and weekend at the local riding school. I got my first loan horse at the age of 13, and then went on to work at a Livery Yard where I took on another horse to start competing in a range of disciplines. I have always had a part time job at a stables during my education. I worked at a sales/breaking yard and broke in several youngsters, as well as a show jumping yard and started properly competing in show jumping. At University I moved to work at a Competition Livery Yard, and through out all of these roles I often on took on sole responsibility while there, and worked for 3+ years at each place. I like to work cleanly and efficiently to ensure the horses get the best care and the yard looks well kept at all times. Alongside this, I spent 3 summers working in Canada at a pony summer camp. This involved teaching all ages and abilities of children to ride, and caring for the 150 horses on site as part of a big team. I currently work in a remote-working sales based role, and have had my own horses to look after before and after work. I really thrive on the routine of having horses to look after. Several references are available.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
Working alone and as part of a team to get all jobs done. Confident around horses while riding and on the ground. Experience with wide range of horses. Love riding big horses with lots of character, but also small enough to ride and exercise ponies, Firm but fair rider and always willing to learn more. Happy to ride youngsters and bring them on slowly. Believes in a variety of work for horses to help build and strengthen. Clean, quick and tidy worker around the yard. Not afraid to get stuck in. Trailer License. Happy with all yard duties. Looking to move with Partner who is good at all yard duties, many years experience in the daily running, maintenance and repairs of a kennels. Animals lovers so animal care other than horses is not a problem. Experience with Donkeys, Sheep, Goats, Poultry, Dogs, Cat, Small furry ones! From sales career I am not afraid to pick up the phone and take on organisational responsibilities for the horses such a vet visits, farrier etc. Knowledgeable stable management and will be immediately be able to tell if something is not right with the horse.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Horses are always my escape, and having horses in my responsibility makes me thrive on the routine and I find it very rewarding. I am used to starting my days mucking out and I am keen to get back into this. I am an outdoors person and love the countryside.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I am always looking to further my knowledge and improve my riding skills to get the best out of each horse. I would also love to work towards my HGV licence.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am a proven committed groom who will provide the best care for any horses and assist the owner. I have a wide range of experience in a range of disciplines and yard-based roles. I am trustworthy and honest, and I am looking for a long term commitment to settle in to.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
The ideal role would be a flexible groom on a private yard, to fit in around tasks I am required to do for my remote sales job. I would like some riding, and potential in the future to possibly stable my own horse (although this is not essential). I want a long term commitment of accommodation and salary for the work. Ideally I would care for the horses in the morning, and my partner can do any maintenance tasks throughout the day. I would be available then at lunch time, and in the afternoons to sort the horses for the night. I am flexible and would be available some weekends if needed for competitions etc. Riding is not essential but would be preferred.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
A small well behaved Springer spaniel, used to all other animals and friendly to dogs and people.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
Remote based sales manager job. This requires me to be based at my computer for several hours a day but is flexible.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
March 2021 – 1 week.