- Age 34 years
- Date of Birth 29th December 1985
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Avon, UK, Cotswolds, Devon, UK, Dorset, UK, Gloucestershire, UK, Somerset, UK, Wiltshire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Part Time, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 13th August 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Stud Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’3” / 160cm
- Approximate weight 9st / 57.2kg / 126lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Endurance, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Livery, Pony Club Activities, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Rescue, Rehabilitation, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Therapeutic Riding, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Compete, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Show Turnout, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
- Experience with Horses
I have 30 years of experience riding and looking after horses. I competed BSJA showjumping between the ages of 11 and 18 so have much experience of competitions. I have groomed for a number of showjumping yards and a stud farm in New Zealand and also a racing yard in Australia. I have helped break in youngsters, learnt natural horsemanship to help break in a troubled horse and handled everything from newborn foals to stallions. I worked as a horse trek guide in New Zealand where I cared for a yard of 30 🙂 being around horses is my happy place and i love riding, it is my passion, but even just to be near horses is satisfying enough for me.
Having owned my own horses, I am competent in all aspects of general horse care. My riding focused on showjumping and competitions, but I have also helped to handle and ride youngsters, learning different methods from different yards. I have worked both alone in my duties, grooming for a family who worked full time, and also as part of a team when horse trekking.
Strengths and Weaknesses
What I love most about horses is their nature- curious, smart, compassionate, but I also respect that they can be unpredictable of course. I really am just as happy grooming, turning out, etc. as I am on a horses back.
Where I would like to improve my skills further is that I would love to go through my exams to become a riding instructor.
I am hard working, experienced and fun loving. I will go above and beyond for both people and animals and am completely reliable. There will never be a dull moment working with me as I enjoy every moment of my work and really let this show, rain or shine!!!
Simply, I just want to work with horses in any sense. But I would really love to become a riding instructor one day as I love to teach. I currently teach scuba diving (very different) but love to inspire people to overcome fears, progress and be aware of their environment….whilst having fun of course 🙂
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
Will be available from early to mid August
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?