- Age 39 years
- Date of Birth 25th February 1981
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Buckinghamshire, UK, Oxfordshire, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Part Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 14th September 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 8.5st / 54kg / 119lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Dressage, Endurance, Family Yard, Foaling, Livery, Pony Club Activities, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Rescue, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Showing, Stud, Therapeutic Riding, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality Swiss, South African
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Veterinary Experience, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider, Travelling Horses by Sea or Air
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
As with the majority of my fellow equine friends, I was bitten by the bug at a very young age. I was privileged enough that my passion became my education and thereafter my profession. After obtaining my Senior Certificate, I moved from the cost of Durban to study Equine Studies, inland at the University of Pretoria. The Equine Studies diploma was an intensive theoretical and practical course, the subjects ranged from pasture management, zoo technology, up to and including equine veterinary science.
There after I was privileged to be employed by Geoffroy de Jamblinne de Meux, based in Belgium, where I managed to advance my position from a ‘Fitness’ Rider/Groom/Au-pair to Stable manager, Competition/Traveling/Show Groom, Trainer and Stud manager.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
It is difficult to pin point any particular skills, I was afforded invaluable experience whilst working in Europe and the UK alike. With Geoffroy de Jamblinne primarily competing in Eventing, I was exposed to all disciplines (and involved in training and tasks). After Geoffroy purchased Marco du Fort, his prize stallion, I also had the opportunity to use my breeding knowledge and became very involved with the Stud management, AI processes, managing the brood mares and foaling.
My non-equine skills… For the past 15years I have being running my own successful business (South Africa) in addition to free-lancing at a local livery yard.
My corporate skills include…
Importing of Products
Financial and Accounting
Staff / Sales Representative, Management and Training
Graphic design, Marketing, Advertising and Promotions
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
That is a surprisingly hard question to answer, there is no one thing…
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I believe there is always room for improvement and learning…
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
Again, a very difficult question, I am no better than the next person, however as I have mentioned above… I have a vast amount of knowledge, experience and I am excited to learn new skills and adapt to new procedures and protocols in a new yard. (Livery / Competitive / Stud, alike)
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would love to be involved in management, advance my knowledge and be hands on with the horses (Riding/Day to day care/Medical/Admin).
On a completely different path…
I do also have a passion for children, I would love to combine the two. I would love the opportunity to do therapeutical work and/or work with disabled children on horseback. (I have in the past, volunteered at SARDA in Johannesburg, South Africa). Absolutely loved it!
• Do you need accommodation?
No, I will be living in Marlow, I shall require a position within driving distance…
I am leaving South Africa on a repatriation flight on the 28Th of August, thereafter I am presumably on a 2 week isolation period, so I shall be available to start working from the 14th of September, if I am hopefully afforded a position…
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?