- Age 22 years
- Date of Birth 23rd August 1998
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Shropshire, UK, West Midlands, UK, Worcestershire, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Seasonal
- Earliest start date 1st October 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 4 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Home Groom, Stud Groom, Housekeeper, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 8.5st / 54kg / 119lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Carriage Driving, Dealer, Endurance, Eventing, Family Yard, Horse Transport, Hunting, Livery, Polo, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Therapeutic Riding, Trekking, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sales Preparation, School, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with horses
I first started working with horses at my local riding school when I was 12 years old. I had regular lessons and volunteered every weekend until I finally got my own pony! When I finished college at the age of 16 I worked in customer service for 3 years before I realised it wasn’t the route I wanted to go down. In November 2018 I started working at Alastair Ralph Racing where I have learnt so much! I still have two horses of my own which has taught me how to juggle work and my own personal life. My days are very busy but I wouldn’t have it any other way! I dive into every role at work and I spend most of my days helping to run the yard.
I am particularly good with organisation and keeping to a routine. I love structure and I am very passionate about making sure tasks are completed to the highest standard. I take great pride in my work and this is a great asset! I work well in a team as well as on my own. Due to having my own horses for 8 years now, I am very capable of doing most things. I do feel that my 3 years working outside of the equine industry gives me that professional side and makes me capable of working hard while also keeping a professional manner.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• I love working with horses because everyday is rewarding and I love feeling like I have achieved something at the end of each day. Plus it’s a great way to keep fit while having fun!
• I would absolutely love to build my confidence more, I know I am perfectly capable but sometimes I will question myself and I’d love to get out of that mindset and believe in myself more.
• I am a solid asset to any employer because of how hard I work and how high my standards are. I love what I do and I think that makes me a great employee. I am great at following orders because I love rules (as strange as that sounds!), but I can also be independent and I love managing things on my own and setting my own routine if there isn’t one already in place.
• I love being on the yard and keeping things clean and smart, but in my next job role I would love if I could ride a bit more. Not necessarily riding all day, but being able to ride more would be great.
• I currently live in Shropshire so I do not require accommodation.
• I would not need my horses to come with me as I keep them close to home.
• I’m very flexible, obviously having two horses does take up a lot of time and I’d love to be able to spend more time with them. I make time for them with my current job role so they do not take up too much of my time.
• I do not have any holidays booked this year, although my current employer will need 4 weeks notice if I were to leave.