- Age 20 years
- Date of Birth 15th January 2000
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Cambridgeshire, UK, Suffolk, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 16th August 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period none
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’2” / 157cm
- Approximate weight 8.5st / 54kg / 119lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Carriage Driving, Family Yard, Riding School, Show Jumping
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Ride, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
Recent employment history
Self – Employed Groom/Rider 26/02/18 – 23/03/2020
- – Responsible for a private yard caring for 20 horses and ponies
- – Receiving, preparing and managing individual feeds
- – Lungeing, assisting the farrier, arranging for rugs to be washed and repaired as well
as collecting medication
- – Assisting children with tacking up and at pony club events
- – House sitting for stables including responsibility for multiple dogs and chickens
I would most like to be with the horses in order to expand my equine knowledge and skills in a practical way. Some riding such as hacking would be a bonus.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I am a competent team worker, but at the same time willing to work independently as long as I have clear instructions. I have a lot of experience of holding for farriers but have done less plaiting and clipping. I work methodically with yard tasks and non -equine jobs such as receiving delivery of supplies and collecting medication.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I am very much at home when in the company of the horses wether on foot or riding.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to expand my experience with young horses and stallions also improving my plaiting and clipping skills.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am hardworking and will do every task/job given to me to the best of my ability also I am willing to work flexible hours. I am cheerful and have a good sense of humour once I have settled in.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
Further my equine skills and knowledge in order to develop my career
• Do you need accommodation?
Not necessarily, happy to travel up to half an hour away.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
Friday 11th September 2020 – Sunday 13th September 2020
Saturday 19th December 2020 – Monday 28th December 2020