- Age 18 years
- Date of Birth 20th December 2001
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Ireland, Northern Ireland, The EU, Europe
- County/State/Region Kent, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent, Seasonal
- Earliest start date 5th September 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’11” / 180cm
- Approximate weight 11st / 69.9kg / 154lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Hunting, P2P, Racing NH, Show Jumping, Team Chase
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
In 2016 I was given a 7 year old ISH gelding off the hunting field with the aim to event and complete a couple BE100’s. This quickly escalated to completing our first Novice in 2017, qualifying us for the Open Eventing Pony Club Championships later on that summer where we placed Individually 7th. 2 Years later after a lot of blood, sweat and tears we were chosen to Represent Team South East at the 2* U18 eventing Championships (under the Long Format), and were the chosen path finder for the team going into XC.
This year I made the tough decision to sell him ahead of my A level exams and plans of a gap year. However due to Covid-19 2 weeks after him being sold my exams were cancelled leaving me horseless. I have decided to take a year off with plans of joining a professional yard to further develop my experience with horses and hopefully produce a youngster.
Within competing my own horse I have done plenty of Freelance grooming and riding for local riders which I have continued to do so since selling him and am now looking for a more permanent job.
I am currently training for my Pony Club AH test (same requirements as BHS stage 4) having passed all Pony Club tests up to this point and being a strong member of the Romney Marsh Pony Club since I was 7.
I have always handled my own horses since early teens without assistance due to having a working mum and dad allergic to horses. This meaning I am highly experienced at clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling tricky horses, and riding highly strung horses.
I’ve liveried at a Hunt Yard for the past 4 years and have gained plenty of experience preparing horses for hunting including my own as well as exercising throughout the year (this including ride and lead) and regularly go out with the ESRM but have also ridden with the Cattistock in Dorset.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
The unpredictability of them and willingness to work. I like to watch them progress through their training.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
Competition riding up to a higher level.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I’m hard-working and am a very passionate rider who will only deliver the best to the horses. Along with this I have a good sense of humour in and around the workplace.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
Gaining more experience in producing horses and topping up my own knowledge.
• Do you need accommodation?
Ideally yes please.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I would be on the look out for a Young horse to produce in Eventing if I’m allowed to bring a horse along with me.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
Apart from my AH test at the end of August I am fully available.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?