- Age 30 years
- Date of Birth 18th September 1990
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Gloucestershire, UK, Somerset, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Part Time
- Earliest start date 1st September 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 4 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Home Groom, Stud Groom, Stud Hand, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, Trailer, 3.5t, 7.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’10” / 177cm
- Approximate weight 11.5st / 73kg / 161lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Classical, Dealer, Dressage, Endurance, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Horse Transport, Hunting, P2P, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Trekking
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British, German
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Veterinary Experience, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I have been working with horses my entire life. After graduating college I continued working as a freelance at my internship, caring for the horses at a rehabilitation centre. Here I perfected my first aid skills and also handling horses in stressful situations. Aside from the rehab centre I worked as a professional rider, training young show jumpers before they were moved on to competition riders. Many of these horses have now continued to compete internationally. On a few occasions I helped break in 3 horses, but usually the horses were backed and then I continued training them. Part of my job was clipping them for competitions, pulling their manes and ensuring they looked good at competition. Furthermore I spent two years grooming for 2 international eventing riders. Currently I am working at a horse shelter in Belgium and still riding horses for clients. The work at the shelter involves working with individuals with learning disabilities and working with traumatised usually malnourished or abused horses.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I am particularly good at working with stallions and young horses. Turning out for shows and clipping are also skills I am very good at. I can work well in a team, but also enjoy working by my self. I am also fluent in English, German and Dutch and speak a bit of French.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy being outside and working with animals. I enjoy the physical aspect, preferring not to have to sit still for too long.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
The current work atmosphere at the shelter is terrible and I am looking for a job where the atmosphere and attitude of the team is a positive one
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
Because I am friendly, intelligent, learn fast and am able to see work. I work until the job is done, not until the hour is up.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
A little more responsibility would be nice, I would like an employer to trust me and be able to see and appreciate my talents
• Do you need accommodation?
Yes, but I am also able to find my own
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I would like my dog to be able to come with me wherever I go. I would also bring my horse, but he doesn’t need to be stabled at my job
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
4 weeks notice at current employer, need to move country, but 4 weeks should be more than enough
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
10 days at the end of November beginning December