- Age 52 years
- Date of Birth 29th September 1968
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Scotland
- County/State/Region Anywhere, North Yorkshire, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 1st September 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Stud Groom, Stud Hand
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’3” / 160cm
- Approximate weight 12st / 76.2kg / 168lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Family Yard, Foaling, Stud
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sales Preparation, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Work Rider, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I started in racing when i was 16,general yard duties and training.I moved to USA when i was 25 and did various jobs ,but always worked with horses.Then around 2001 i became Barn manager and had sole charge of 49 horses ,general yard duties mucking,feeding training,working with all levels of horses and riders from Hunting to Endurance.I worked with young green horses and horses with issues.In 2012 we bred one of our mares and took care of her though out the whole pregnancy and was hands on with the foal from 4 hrs old,and helped mold her into a respectful yearling.I returned to the UK in 2014 but since then i have returned for the summer 6 weeks at a time to over see the running of Black Dog Farm general yard clean up and DIY,changing feed charts and over all health of the horses,helping with the vet and farrier.I was also there when they purchased a 6 month old colt in 2018 and was hands on with him and getting him into a routine.When i returned in 2019 for the summer i worked with him on his ground manners and behavior.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I can clip,plait and turn a horse out to high show standard and would win Best Turned out at the races .I was very highly sort out by the Hunt to have the horses ready for opening hunt and not only get our horses ready i would visit different barns and homes clipping and plaiting until the early hours.I have handled strong colts before and rode many.I can work alone and can problem solve if need be but i also work great as a team player.I was the head groom at Endurance rides we did make it in to FEI. I also worked with horses that issues.I can and do still ride but i am looking more towards the breeding side of things now.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?