- Age 22 years
- Date of Birth 23rd March 1998
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, The EU, Europe
- County/State/Region Australia, Avon, UK, Cornwall, UK, Cotswolds, Devon, UK, Dorset, UK, France, Germany, Gloucestershire, UK, Hampshire, UK, Herefordshire, UK, Monmouthshire, Netherlands, New South Wales, Norfolk, UK, Oxfordshire, UK, Somerset, UK, Victoria, Australia, Wales, UK, Wiltshire, UK, Worcestershire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time
- Earliest start date 1st September 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’8” / 172cm
- Approximate weight 11.5st / 73kg / 161lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Family Yard, Hunting, Pony Club Activities, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Work Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Having grown up with and ridden horses for as long as I can remember, I hunt and compete my own horses, with highlights including individual and team placings at PC intermediate SJ and eventing championships (BE100). More recently, my horse has been in rehab due to injury, lending more time to focus on my own riding technique and effectiveness. On top of this, I have achieved my PC AH test, and half of my A test (BHS Stage 4).
In between school/university commitments, I have worked for international show jumpers on the sunshine and MET tours in Spain, a top level eventer, and kept my riding up during university term time schooling horses for a local event and livery yard. I equally enjoy regularly teaching PC lessons and camps across the SW.
I have recently graduated with a 1st class degree in Agriculture finding particular interest in soil health and crop growth. Having previously worked on farms, I would love any tractor driving/agronomy/cropping experience a farm based yard would have to offer.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
Timely and organised, I enjoy following rules/ orders, making me good at completing tasks in specified ways (vets/boss’ orders) and relaying information if left in sole charge, or notice something wrong, although i enjoy the puzzle solving of life and am enough of a perfectionist that I sometimes find it easier to compartmentalise and efficiently complete jobs on my own (loading a lorry or organising feeds so i know where everything is and what has or hasn’t yet been done). In other words, I am very happy being my own company, but also thrive off team work and don’t disrespect orders. This perfectionist side of me also means I turn out to a high standard without wasting time phaffing around, be it clipping, plaiting, competitions and yard cleanliness etc. I am good at handling horses on the ground, maintaining a calm, collected composure, and effective handling in the stable, leading in hand, and lungeing, as well as helping vets, farriers, dentists, etc when more than one pair of hands is required. I am honourable and dedicated, and will consistently complete jobs to the highest standard possible, even if it means working late once in a while.
As mentioned above, I have another passion for farming, and have my Rough terrain Telehandler certificate, which i have used in farming situations and am confident and enjoy using.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
The horses! I love forming relationships with individuals under saddle and on the ground, and working with their personalities to help them be the best they can be, even if they need a little more tie than others.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
My own riding, the better i can get the more I can get out of each horse i ride (as well as getting the other half of my A test). I am aware of how self critical and hard on myself i am too, and continuously encourage my brain to praise myself once in a while!
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
Amenable and dedicated, i am anxious to please, making me as hard working as they come, and sensitive to horse’s needs/ emotions, while creating the time i need to get the days jobs done.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
Riding time and experience, as well as a trailer +/ HGV licence to further my career in future.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
Possibly own horse depending on yard, location, and job requirements
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
Some home or PC commitments, always with warning.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
Family holiday Last two weeks of august, and Long weekend mid September.