- Age 28 years
- Date of Birth 3rd June 1992
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland, Ireland
- County/State/Region Avon, UK, Bedfordshire, UK, Berkshire, UK, Buckinghamshire, UK, Cambridgeshire, UK, Cheshire, UK, Cleveland, UK, Cornwall, UK, Cotswolds, Cumberland, UK, Cumbria, Derbyshire, UK, Devon, UK, Dorset, UK, Durham, UK, East Anglia, East Sussex, UK, East Yorkshire, UK, Essex, UK, Gloucestershire, UK, Greater London, UK, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom, Hampshire, UK, Herefordshire, UK, Hertfordshire, UK, Humberside, UK, Huntingdonshire, UK, Ireland, Kent, UK, Lanarkshire, Lancashire, UK, Leicestershire, UK, Lincolnshire, UK, London, Merseyside, UK, Middlesex, UK, Norfolk, UK, North Yorkshire, UK, Northamptonshire, UK, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland, UK, Northumberland, UK, Nottinghamshire, UK, Oxfordshire, UK, Republic of Ireland, Rutland, UK, Scotland, UK, Shropshire, UK, Somerset, UK, South Yorkshire, UK, Southern Ireland, Staffordshire, UK, Suffolk, UK, Surrey, UK, Tyne and Wear, UK, Wales, UK, Warwickshire, UK, West Midlands, UK, West Sussex, UK, West Yorkshire, UK, Westmorland, UK, Wiltshire, UK, Worcestershire, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 1st October 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 13.5st / 85.7kg / 89lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Hunting, Livery, Riding School, Show Jumping, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Sole charge
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
My experience with horses has always been on a pleasure basis. I’ve have been riding for 20 years and have owned horses for the last 15. I currently keep my horse at a competition yard and whilst I’ve been there for the last 3 years I have competed in dressage, show jumping, arena eventing, hunter trials and cross country. I have ridden a variety of different horses in my 20 years.
I do have limited experience with youngsters however to gain more experience I am currently handling one on a daily basis and I am being educated on the backing process. We have introduced tack to him and are now regularly long reining him.
At the yard I am on a DIY livery package however I have helped with mucking out all the stables, rugging and feeding the horses, turning them out and bring them in.
During lockdown I have helped out at my yard on show days with organising competitors, making sure they are warming up before there entry time, erecting the jumps with the course builder and changing the heights.
When I was younger I worked at a riding school and carried out all the day to day duties with looking after all the horses, mucking out, cleaning tack and getting horses ready for lessons.
I am competent with clipping, plaiting, washing and tacking up. I have a good knowledge of tack and can take equipment apart, clean it and put them back together.
I am capable at working in a team and can use my own initiative when working alone.
Strengths and Weaknesses
I am very passionate about horses and I have always treated any horses as if they were my own.
I love watching the progression of a horse. I have had a few project horses in my time and I really enjoy the time and effort I put into each horse and watching them turn into event horses.
I am very patient and take my time to bond with horses. I am firm but kind and understand some horses might take a little longer to understand certain tasks.
I am a confident rider but will always try to improve my riding and to do this I have regular dressage and jumping lessons.
I am very hard working and will go above and beyond. Recently during lockdown when our handy man was on furlough, I pressure washed mine and a friend’s stable, under the rubber matting and all the walls then once dried I painted them.
I am happy to work during the week, evenings and weekends. I have a full driving licence. I do have some experience towing a trailer but don’t currently hold a BE licence. I am willing to take my trailer test and/or a HGV licence if needed.
I would like to work somewhere that will help me progress my equine knowledge and give me experience as a groom. I am aware that even though I have not worked with horses on a professional level, I hold all the qualities and experience to fulfill a groom/rider role.
I currently live in Cornwall and work as a sales executive but I am looking for a career change. I am willing to relocate. If a position came available with accommodation would be an advantage.
I would like to bring my horse Basil with me but I am fully aware that my job would come first and so all jobs and duties for the day would be completed before I spent time with him.