- Age 39 years
- Date of Birth 26th March 1981
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Cheshire, UK, Staffordshire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Freelance, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 13th August 2020
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term Every day during school hrs
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Trainee, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Riding Instructor, Stud Groom, Stud Hand, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’7” / 170cm
- Approximate weight 13st / 82.6kg / 182lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines College, Horse Transport, Polo, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Rescue, Rehabilitation, Therapeutic Riding, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
Over 20 yrs experience working with horses. Teaching beginners to advanced clients in a Riding school environment (unfortunately now closed). As a result I have spent the last 3 years studying and have a foundation degree in equine rehabilitation and physical therapies and obtained a 2:1 BSc hon degree in equine science. I have also completed an equine massage course and done CPD in kinesio taping. I also owned my own stud farm and am a Defra approved AI technician.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I have worked with all breeds, ages and sexes of horses and ponies. I am proficient at working alone and as part of a team. Handling of stallions and young stock are one of my main qualities as is assisting with confidence of both rider and horse. I would like the opportunity to further CPD or obtain BHS qualifications if a job offers these opportunities.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy every aspect of working with horses. No day is usually the same.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve
clipping. You are always learning so there is always the need to improve
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?