- Age 25 years
- Date of Birth 29th June 1995
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 14th August 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period -
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’5” / 165cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Livery, Showing
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Ride, Veterinary Experience
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
I am a confident and committed individual with a passion for working animals and the general public. I am a resilient, adaptable, and positive person. I work hard to achieve my goals and always reflect and learn from my experiences. I have worked in a variety of public facing and teamwork based settings, some of which include a busy equine livery yard and a wide variety of promotional and hospitality work. I have a clean full UK driving license.
Bachelor of Veterinary Science University of Liverpool Graduation: July 2020
A Level Qualifications Hyde Clarendon 6th Form College September 2011 – June 2013
- Extended Project A
- Chemistry A
- Mathematics A
- Biology A
XPOlogistic – Warehouse Operative: 3/7/2020 –
Working efficiently in a fast paced, target driven environment.
ARC hospitality – Bar/ Waiting Staff: 10/2016- 1/ 2018
I would work individually or in either a small or large team to provide hospitality bar and table waiting services at various commercial or sporting events. I developed my interpersonal and problem-solving skills to engage the customer and adapted my approach to achieve a high standard of service.
University of Liverpool – Dissection Teaching Assistant: 10/2016- 05/2017
I undertook this opportunity to assist in anatomy dissection classes for 1st year students. I used my own experience to help and assist with the understanding and location of more intricate parts of dissection and anatomical landmarks. I became familiar with using different approaches to teach students tried to cater for different learning styles.
Mount View Kennels – Kennel Staff: 8/2014 – 9/2014
I would work either on my own or as part of a small team to care to the dogs, providing for their basic need such as diet and exercise as well as administering any additional care or treatment the dogs needed.
Lowerdale Farm Livery Yard – Groom: 10/2013 – 9/2014
During my gap year, I worked as part of a team providing a full livery services to over 30 horses. This included daily yard tasks as well as exercising horses when needed. I was often in charge of the team over the weekend.
Interests and hobbies
Through my time at university I went from competing at unaffiliated shows to debuting and placing at Cheshire county show with the family Haflinger and competing at several BE80 events with my own traditional cob. During university the traditional came with me staying at yards local to the two campuses I attended. The last yard he was stabled on is owned by the parents of Claire Dutton a GP dressage rider, whose mother I continue to have lessons with.
I enjoy walking our welsh collie in the Derbyshire countryside. I have been engaging in an extensive obedience training program with her and hope to start doing agility with her once she is old enough.
I also have an interest in and regularly attend performing art events.