- Age 54 years
- Date of Birth 4th April 1966
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Scotland
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 17th August 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 0 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Riding Instructor
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, Trailer, 3.5t, 7.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 9st / 57.2kg / 126lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Horse Transport, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Riding School, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality Irish
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Veterinary Experience, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider, Travelling Horses by Sea or Air
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of w
Retired jockey with with extensive experience and knowledge in the horse racing industry. Over a thirty-five year career I have worked for some of the biggest names in racing, worked in all aspects of a racing yard from stable groom to assistant trainer.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
Yard management/ People management/ Resource planning/ Health and Safety management/ Time management/ Yard safety awareness Team development/ Staff Training/ Staff mentoring/ Work riding/ Breaking and handling young horses/ grooming for races/ all racing duties.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy watching the development of a horse from a young age up to there races.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to improve on my Veterinary knowledge
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I have worked in every aspect of the horse racing industry all over the world and believe i have invaluable knowledge and experience that will make me a strong asset to a racing yard. also i have much experience mentoring young jockeys to further there career.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job? As i am getting older i would like to gain a role as head lad or travelling head lad with less riding young horses.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?