- Age 25 years
- Date of Birth 14th December 1994
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Scotland
- County/State/Region Scotland, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 1st September 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Sole Charge, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’7” / 170cm
- Approximate weight 12.5st / 79.4kg / 175lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Hunting, Showing, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
An organised positive and hardworking individual, who always strives to achieve the highest standard possible, at any given task. I have had a passion for horses from a very young age and it is something that has never left me. I worked for the local riding stables to start with and worked hard and progresses to getting a head grooms job with show jumper Fiona Burgoyne at Horse Choice where my knowledge and experience grew greatly. During my time working in sales I still do a lot of show prep for people going to dressage, showing and local shows as it is still a massive passion. My passion for grooming and turn out is something I take great pride in I always do my best to turn out any horse to a high standard whether this is at a show or at home. As well as the welfare and presentation of the horses I do believe another important job as a competition groom is to be able to have the riders trust. I am very reliable and have been known to keep everything at a show calm and smooth sailing so the rider can just focus on what they have to do in the ring and not have anything else to worry about, therefor having a great show day.
- Attention to detail
- Time Management
- Plaiting thread or bands
- Quarter marks
- Long reining
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horse?
Everything, especially the satisfaction from working with young horses & turning out at shows.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I’d always like to improve my riding.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am extremely hard working, passionate and reliable. I can turn my hand to anything and i take great pride i any horse i look after from a shetland pony to a top competition horse.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to go back to grooming full time with competition horses.
• Do you need accommodation?
I would be willing to re-locate- therefor would require accommodation if i was to do so.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
1 cat & 1 horse
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
My own horse
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?