- Age 22 years
- Date of Birth 16th July 1998
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region East Anglia
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 30th September 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period no
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’5” / 165cm
- Approximate weight 10st / 63.5kg / 140lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Compete, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Show Turnout, Trim
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I’ve been working with horses for basically my whole life and I have a huge passion for horse industry. I’ve worked at competition yard and left due to breaking my leg from falling off a horse. I absolutely loved it and am looking to gain more experience working at a competition yard. I’m good at fast paced work and being a perfectionist. I would like to say I have a great eye to detail as well as being a perfectionist, which makes me good at preparing a horse for shows. I’m good at all basic yard duties, I have plenty of experience of those. I know how to check out for any injures horses may have sustained overnight or from being in the field and to spot lameness. I have a share horse, I hold responsibility of feeding him, mucking out his stall, grooming and riding him. I share him with a registered equine behaviourist, I’ve been learning from her about how to look out for a happy and healthy as well as anxious horses. I’m still learning loads more from her, always learning new things everyday. I assist her with filming her with her clients for her YouTube channel.
I’ve been lacking of jobs over few years due to mental health issues but I’ve recovered and I’m more than ready to knuckle down and work hard to achieve my dream of becoming a professional rider, hence why I would love to gain more experience of working at competition yards.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
Working alone and with others, all yard duties, being tidy, packing things away neatly, lunging, exercising horses, plaiting, pulling/trimming manes, clipping, handling competition horses. Having the confidence of handling highly strung horses.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Everything, being present with horses and I love seeing happy horses I think that’s the most important thing and it makes me happy.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
Handling young horses and stallions.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I’m very passionate and always wanting to impress. I’m a quick and keen learner and always wanting to learn more and more. I’m a fast paced worker and very good at adapting. I’m good at team work.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
More experience of working with competition horses.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I have a share horse but very flexible.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?