- Age 19 years
- Date of Birth 12th December 2000
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Scotland, Ireland, Europe, United States of America
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Freelance, Full Time, Part Time
- Earliest start date 23rd August 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Rider, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’3” / 160cm
- Approximate weight 8.5st / 54kg / 119lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Livery, Riding School, Show Jumping, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Equine First Aid, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Work Rider, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I currently have over 15 years of experience with handling horses. I currently own my own horse and I am working as a freelance groom in my local area, at a few livery yards and also schooling people’s horses for them. I have full experience with all yard duties. Including mucking out, skipping out, clipping etc.
I am confident with handling all types of horses due to my current job including riding school horses to full competition horses.
Due to my freelance, I am used to working on busy professional yards keeping to strict time schedules and adapting to different horses/owners needs.
Being a freelance groom and constantly working from yard to yard, it has enabled me to adapt to the different yards needs quickly to suit the business.
What are you particularly good at?
~ Handling young horses
~ Confident rider
~ Handling competition horses
~ Turning horses out to a professional level eg plaiting for shows
~ schooling (flat and jumping)
~ Mucking out (straw, shavings and pellets)
I find I work well either within a team or independently. I am able to get the task done to a professional manor. I would describe myself as a ‘people person’, I am bubbly and confident whilst also remaining professional.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Horses have always been my passion, I find the job extremely rewarding and I wish to further my career within the equine industry even further.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I wish to further my career even further and gain as much experience within the equine industry to a high standard. Due to horses always being my passion, I would love to be able to pursue it as a full time career.
• Do you need accommodation?
I am currently freelancing in Somerset, accommodation would not be a necessity however I am open to working further away ( If there was an opportunity to work abroad I would love to) if accommodation is available.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
No, I am looking to start immediately.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?